Pinewood Derby

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, January 29, 2005, 10:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Mtg_Man

Here's some pics from my Boys pinewood derby race this morning.
 
some of the Tiger cubs and Wolf cubs cars
Austin came in 3rd out of 22  
 
 
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

#1
Bear cubs and Weblos cars
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

#2
Some of the Unlimited class. No weight restriction.
Peanut came in 3rd out of 26
Not bad for the boys first year.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

Peanut watching his car run
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

Austin, Larry (the boys best friend) and Peanut with their cars
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

Hooters had their car there on display

Peanut wants to move up from quads now.  :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Redgrizzly660

Mike I did that too. It's was great and a lot of fun

Qdawg76

That brings back memories of when I was a young one.
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

o4250

Arent those also called co2 cars  ???I did those in tech lab last year And mine was the fastest till it broke :-/ :-/


Way to go peunut and austin ;)

LakeMaryKid

QuoteArent those also called co2 cars  ???I did those in tech lab last year And mine was the fastest till it broke :-/ :-/


Way to go peunut and austin ;)

No all it is, is wood with a lead weight in it. You have a certain amount of weight your allowed to run, just like in quads how you can only run such a high cc motor in such a class. You carve the wood and paint it. I remember when i did that.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Kawa3

bring back memorys................them 2 cars in unlimited looked really nice(dont seem like a kid could do that if you know what i mean)
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

nobull60

Sure does look like fun. I too remember those days and still have a few cars I made back then.

Moose

I guess I'm not that old after all, I can remember when I did that also. We met at George M. Lynch Elementry for larger meetings. It's nice to know the young ones are still being showed some of the old ways to have fun.

Looks good Peanut.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Da_Mtg_Man

I was in the chat room with a few people Fri night and mentioned that Sat was the race. Evryone said I remeber those days. I figured I'd make a thread and let everyone reminisce.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dreth

i never did anything like that but way to go Peanut and Austin! keep up the good work [smiley=Clap.gif]

Nightbreed

Hey, you finally found somthing you can race without breaking, lol
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

PredaGator

Thanks for the memories,man. I had not thought about my Pinewood Derby days in a long time.
2005 Polaris Predator

Chuck_Norris

that one orange one that had the ladder bar design and the front tire in the center of the car looked trick. these truley are a blast

CABLEGUY1

Did this 3 years in a row when my daughter was in Awana. It was hilarious watching all the dads get into it .I think we were reliving our childhood and having fun with our kids at the same time.It's definately something your kids and yourself will allways remember.

LuvMyZ

Mike, the boys are getting too big. Hey saw all of the pics from Rodman IV and I am so mad. I wanted to go but we are still working on the house in SP and couldn't make it. Sean also wrecked his quad at Croom after Thanksgiving and we need to get a new tire for it. Not hurt just hit a burm and it threw him one way and quad went into the fence. Talked to Monty and he said you guys had so much fun. Sean would have had fun with the kids. Oh well hopefully soon. Give us a call if your up our way. We are in Spring Hill now. Talk to you soon. Jana
Z400
Z250
Predator 90

Da_Mtg_Man

Hey girl, Good to hear from ya. I asked Monte about you guys the other day and he said you were in Spring Hill and doing fine. Hope all is well.

Mike
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com