Why you should wear boots

Started by KB, December 22, 2006, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB

Not to gross anyone out but thought it might be good for people to see so that it won't happen to them. Aloot of kids are prob. gettin bikes for Christmas, THEY NEED TO WEAR THERE GEAR .

KB

I wish i made pics. bigger(maybe a moderator can do that for me) this is the first time i ever put pics. on internet.
The 1st pic is in the E.R., the 2nd is at the follow up visit a few days later.( i took pics w/ my phone)
Notice how the skin is black. they did skin graft's to make it heal quicker. I'm glad I got insurance cause the bill's came out to about 22,000.00
 

dnigels

Uh, ur gunna probly loos that nail!
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

KD 428

#3
heres a lil bigger
HONDA CRF450R

mrbones

That's a good reason to wear boots. The pic is nasty, please don't post bigger pics of that on here. Thanks.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

gery350

dude how did it happen.
man that looks painful as hell.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Moose

OUCH

Going to make walking fun for a while.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

dnigels

Don't tell me, chasing stumps, right?
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

KB

#8
It happened 1-11-04, Was wide open on my cr500 goin down a trail & here comes my friend haulin azz on the same trail (head on)
I tried to get out of the way but my pinkie toe got chewed up by the back tire of his quad. if i was doing 40 & he was going 40 that's 80 mph impact. After it happened I said to myself "we just hit,sh;t" i down shifted,turned bike around and went the truck were he was "like dude you alright" i said ya just hold my bike, let me walk it off. walkin around in circles i seen my shoe laces were torn apart so i sat down, took my shoe off, my sock was blood red. i was thinkin maybe i just tore a nail off so i took my sock off and said "gotta go" i thought i was goin to loose my toe cause the cut went around the bottom the same way the top, i just couldnt take pics of it. sad thing is my surgeon (Haedicke) lost his son on an atv last year. When i found out i coulda cried thinkin all the people he was able to fix & heal &his own son was takin from him doing the same thing. SUCKS. luckily i got some good guy's workin for me &was able to get thru work.( I was only down for 4 weeks.) ANYWAYS KIDS/ people WEAR YOUR GEAR

KB

         
Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on December 22, 2006, 02:35:58 PM
That's a good reason to wear boots. The pic is nasty, please don't post bigger pics of that on here. Thanks.


        Sorry Mr. Bones. I won't

klutchbuster400

wow, thats just nasty. I never ride without my boots, regardless the terrain.

KB

Ya, I was the one in the E.R. al the EMT's were coming to look at &sayin ooohhh, ouch.
  A very nice nurse came to me & gave me 2 Vicodin 750's & a cup of water. 1/2 hr. later she came back to see how I was,I said I'm fine thanks.

dnigels

#12
A buddy of mine and I were riding dirt bikes in the woods he was leading, while making a turn around a bend he used his foot to balance like you do, and his foot hit a stump.  He was wearing tennis shoes and the one shoe disentegrated.  Split his foot about halfway down between the big toe and the toe next to it.  He had to ride on the back of my bike about six miles to the ER.  This was prior to cell phones.

I hate when that happens!
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

OUCH!!!!  :'( that looks nasty! but a nasty reminder why you should wear the Right gear. hope you have a speedy recovery!  :-*
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Thrumud

I had an incident where my quad flipped and my left foot got caught between the shifter and the net on the nerf bar.  My ankle twisted so bad I thought I snap it off my leg. It was so swollen I could not walk for 2.5 months.  Still I wake up every moring and it takes me a while to get going. The doc said If it wasn't for my boots, my ankle would have broken.  SO KIDS, WEAR YOUR GEAR, IT MAKES YOU LOOK COOL ! 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

1FasterBlaster

#15
  When I first got my quad,I saw everyone wearing gear and thought they were trying to look like pro's; just pimpin gear.
  While riding behind someone-I had no goggles, only sunglasses- going uphill, he roosted me.I rode up a wall on one side and my quad shot up 8'ft, and came down on my ankle with no boots on.I couldn't walk for 8 months.
  Needless to say," I now look like the pro's!!"

Fox17

yea i have had some close encounters too. luckly i wear all that too. that will be your head too if no helmrt is worn.

exrider

Thought I should bump this to the top.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

Young Gun

I remember seeing this pictures when this happened.  Nasty.

Why must you refresh my memory? :'(
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

mrbones

#19
I removed those pics as they made feel a little sick (yeah I'm a wimp when it comes to real life gore, don't mind it in the movies though, lol). But, a reminder to wear safety gear is always a good thing.

KB has his account marked for deletion. Not sure why, I sent him an email about it.

I hope his foot healed up ok.

For those who didn't see or remember the pics. They showed a pinky toe almost removed from the foot. It was stitched back in place.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

exrider

Those pics were pretty nasty. I brought this post back up because I heard he hurt his ankle this weekend riding without boots.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

atvrob

he had on work boots,theyre not the same as riding boot .also,bones you must be married lol

big-daddy

Quote from: exrider on October 03, 2007, 05:05:41 PM
Those pics were pretty nasty. I brought this post back up because I heard he hurt his ankle this weekend riding without boots.

did he hit a moving tree?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

atvrob

he killed a tree ???....nothing that bad

big-daddy

run KB the leaf licker are coming. ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

quadracer1992

Why am I not seeing any pictures?
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

KD 428

Quote from: quadracer1992 on October 04, 2007, 03:37:13 PM
Why am I not seeing any pictures?
Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on October 03, 2007, 02:09:21 PM
I removed those pics as they made feel a little sick (yeah I'm a wimp when it comes to real life gore, don't mind it in the movies though, lol). But, a reminder to wear safety gear is always a good thing.

KB has his account marked for deletion. Not sure why, I sent him an email about it.

I hope his foot healed up ok.

For those who didn't see or remember the pics. They showed a pinky toe almost removed from the foot. It was stitched back in place.


DE DE DEE   :K  As carlos Mencia would say....
HONDA CRF450R

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com