ATV Keys Lost

Started by stacktester, December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacktester

I have lost both keys to my Honda Rancher. Can you call the dealer and get a new one with the serial # like you can with a car?
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

xr100racer

Quote from: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM
Can you call the dealer and get a new one with the serial # like you can with a car?

As long as the person you took it from hasnt reported it stolen yet 2:L

stacktester

I got the title thanks to them making us get the green sticker lol.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

fire20

I had the same problem and you can take the ignition switch to a lock smith and they can look at the numbers and they can cut you a new key
Dave

06LimitedPred

In my case my truck was stolen with my atv keys in it, i just bought a new ignition for about 50 or 75 bucks
98 KX125

greenmachine

Quote from: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM
I have lost both keys to my Honda Rancher. Can you call the dealer and get a new one with the serial # like you can with a car?
All you have to do is take the vin# to a dealer & they will cut you an exact key for usually $5.00, it is simple as that, I did it for my KFX400.

KB

If your just trying to ride it 'till you get new keys, I'm pretty sure all you gotta do is wire nut the 2 wires together(going into the key )
Once we forgot the keys when we were in onf and did that, been like that since.