trash talking deisel racing

Started by cutngrs, December 18, 2006, 03:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats faster  

ford 6.0 deisel
19 (33.3%)
ford 7.3 deisel
12 (21.1%)
dodge  deisel
13 (22.8%)
chevy   deisel
13 (22.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: February 06, 2007, 03:02:18 AM

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: xr100racer on December 22, 2006, 03:43:14 PM
Hmmmm, I could have swore I read something not to long ago about the 6.4 being a single turbo. My bad then I guess. It still makes the same exact power as the single turbo Cummins. Less turbo lag but I bet the Cummins will win in a race, New 6spd Aisin trans with 4.10 gears

my understanding on the twin turbo set up and this is pure spectulation on my part, maybe Chuck Norris can fill us in on some details.  The twin turbo setup would increase spool up and reduce the turbo lag time where your emissions are at the worst.  This is just MY OPINION.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

xr100racer


Chillinthemost

Quote from: xr100racer on December 22, 2006, 03:43:14 PM
Hmmmm, I could have swore I read something not to long ago about the 6.4 being a single turbo. My bad then I guess. It still makes the same exact power as the single turbo Cummins. Less turbo lag but I bet the Cummins will win in a race, New 6spd Aisin trans with 4.10 gears
Like I said twin turbos, when are you going to learn...............if I type it or say it, then it is a fact.
Quote from: xr100racer on December 22, 2006, 05:00:57 AM
The 6.7 is also a proven engine. Cummins engines are tested in heavy machinery for something like at least 5 years before there ever put into a pick up. They do that so theres no "6.0" kinda situations
The 6.7 Cummins is brand new, it has not been used in any other applications "for 5 years".
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Bigscrb15

WE ARE STILL STROKIN WHILE YALL ARE CUMMIN.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Smoknbanshee

last time i checked, I had a whole lot more fun stroking too.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!