Rear End Help

Started by IXIswamperIXI, December 14, 2006, 02:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

Does anyone know of a video or literature on how to shim and allign the ring and pinion gear?  I tried to do it by myself the first time and it only lasted 4 months.  I had to get new gears and I dont want to go through that agian. (about $600)

          Thanks for yalls time,
                     Brad
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kenz

#2
Hey Swamper,

Here is some free stuff from the a couple reputable places on the web.  Hope these links help.  Whatever brand of gears you are using you should be able to contact their tech support and get the specific backlash and info for your application .  Just take your time, setting up a rearend can be down right frustrating.  Sometimes you just have to walk away, clear your head and come back to it.


http://www.differentials.com/install.html

http://www.drivetrain.com/ringpinioninstal.html

http://www.richmondgear.com/01instructions.html - they have an installation video for sale.

http://www.richmondgear.com/ringandpinion.pdf

http://www.precisiongear.com/pgtechpatterns.htm
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

IXIswamperIXI

Alrighty thannks for the help I will look into it,  I am working on a Dana 60.  Its for a buggy.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.