Quad Scramble #4 - It's gonna be fun!!

Started by kenz, December 10, 2006, 09:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

cubnfrank

Im gonna have to miss this race. I wrecked hard at croom last week and my neck isn't the same. Good luck to everyone!
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

1FasterBlaster

  I was doing good, then my quad started having problems.When I try to give it full throttle, it stalls.But it won't if I do it slow.
   My buddy Drew got 4th place, and I was in front of him before I had to quit.I will make the next one!!

jujulo700R

Man that was a fun race. I will be going to the next one for sure. Next time I will make sure I make the practice so I know where the heck to go...lol. Does anyone know if Phil Albright was injured? I heard that he was hurt pretty bad and I was praying that it wasn't true. If anyone knows him and finds out it is true, please give him my regards. Thanks
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

TRX450R_Racer

i heard Phil broke his leg in practice. I saw the ambulance pull away with Jennifer in the front seat.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

lawn_man mx

yes  phil was injured   i think  he had a broken  ankle . his foot  got run over  by his rear tire . he did not have any heel  guards.    
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

Chillinthemost

It was a great day and a fun course. To all those that made it happen, thanks, you could not have pulled off a better event. My son won his class and I came from a horrible start, last into the woods up to 3rd. See you guys at Gatorback.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

mudnuri

Holy crap. Now that was an event!
Anybody win any prizes?
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

McGrath Racing

What A awesome event.We had a great time Thanks for everyone being so helpful and friendly. Our thoughts are with the Albright family. Neal McGrath #30

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

mudnuri

C open start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBi8Y1m1nV4

C 0-400 start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEohgGMUr_4

Glad you new guys gave it a try. Told ya' it was fun!
Feed the addiction.
Come to the http://floridatrailriders.org/flyer/2007_HS_Apollo_070203.pdf race this next weekend in New Smyrna! There are no youth or pee-wee classes in this event, though.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

Crash on C open start


[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

1FasterBlaster

   Sorry I didn't see ya Matt.I finally got my official #37.Unfortunately,I got water logged in practice and wasn't able to race the actual event.Half a lap in the first and my quad bogged down.Too bad it was too late to get my money back.
  But I had fun in practice and chillin with everyone there.I'll post my pics as soon as I get them.

jimmy660

I was directly behind Phil  when it happened. He hit a stump with the rear right tire and the quad bucked  high left. His foot came off and hit the ground right before the nerf bar hit his ankle from the side. It then bucked back right and he appeared to shoot the fuel to it cuz it staightened out and he rode it out. He then pulled over and grabbed his ankle which was attached to a foot that was about 15 to 20 degrees the wrong direction. Brian Vis told me last night that Phil had gone into surgery so it is apparently pretty bad.
   Our prayers are with you Phil and Jen.

1FasterBlaster

   I hope he recovers.That really bums me out.It was a tough course.It was very technical and so easy to mess up.You really had to watch every minute of what you were doing.I can't wait for the next race.

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

svtbolt04

They didnt get any from the 3:30 race.......what a bummer.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

kenz

Glad to see that everyone had a great time at the race.  I hope everybody shows up for the next Scramble!!

It is a real bummer that Phil got hurt.  I hope he has a speedy recovery.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Albright335

#93
Phil would like me to express how thankful we are to everyone (Shawn Platt, Josh & Amanda, Brian & Myrtle, Brian M, Jimmy, John & Cody, Chris McGrath and I am sure I missed some of you) who helped us Saturday, into the weekend/week, and those who have wished him well and of course those who have called to check in on his condition. It is very appreciated and meant more than you can know ;)

He did have surgery Sat evening...they installed a plate into his leg. He has been in a great deal of pain but is in as good a condition as can be expected. We head back to the West coast next week for a follow up - if all is well then we can start seeing a doctor here locally. The Lake Wood Ranch hospital was great and we could not have asked for a better Doctor.

Thank you all again for everything!

Phil & Jen  ;)
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Jen and Phil is good to know that you guys are back home, I hope Phil gets a speed recovery.
Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

kenz

Glad to hear that Phil's surgery went well and that ya'll got home safe.  :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif I hope his follow up shows that everything is where it should be and that it's healing properly.

Again best wishes for a recovery.  Hopefully the healing time will go by as fast as you ride!!  Take care of yourself.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders