Quad Scramble #4 - It's gonna be fun!!

Started by kenz, December 10, 2006, 04:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenz

#25
Yup,  we were out there this weekend working on the course-  Well Josh and Amanda did most of the work, I was only out there on Saturaday. 

This will once a gain be an awesome and fun race as there is something for everyone.  It also has some sections that are going to be very exciting for spectators to watch.  Have your friends and family come out - they are sure too have a good time too.  Be sure to give them a camera so they can get pictures of you in action.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

kenz

Quote from: roperr on December 28, 2006, 01:08:41 AM
Help with classification!!

I am 41 years old and have been riding since 1985. I have a KFX400 with Axis shocks all around, plus 4 rear axle, plus 3 front a-arms. I am a good rider, but have never raced. What class should I be?


How wide is your quad?  FTR sets the width limit at 50 inches max and the trail is made in accordance with that limit.  With a +3 front end you might want to pack a shoe horn to help you squeeze through the tight sections. 

As far as the classification you could do the beginner class or even the 0-400C class.  You are old enough for the Vet or Senior class but old doesn't mean slow.  The easiest thing to to would be to start out in the C or Beginner class, because you can always move up in the classes at the next race.

Come on out and give it a try, you won't be disappointed.  Do this once and you'll be like the rest of us...  waiting impatiently for the next race so you can get your fix. 
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

lawn_man mx

does  anybody  kwon  when  you  join  the ftr  do  they  issue  you  your own personal number or  can  you use any  number?    getting  ready  to  order some  new  backgrounds and numbers    yust  wanted  to  kwon before  i do . ! ;D
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: lawn_man mx on January 03, 2007, 03:54:30 PM
does  anybody  kwon  when  you  join  the ftr  do  they  issue  you  your own personal number or  can  you use any  number?    getting  ready  to  order some  new  backgrounds and numbers    yust  wanted  to  kwon before  i do . ! ;D
You can use any number as long as it isn't taken. They won't issue you a number until you join.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

lawn_man mx

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

mudnuri

I think you can email Bonnie George for #'s.
You'll find her or Dan in the FTR forums.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Chillinthemost

I was out at the property today and the course is going to be great. It offers a little bit of everything. Dont forget your tearoffs, there are some muddy spots.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Matt ! I'm sure this track will be great, thank's to all the people that has been working to make it possible, we talked to Chris Borich on new year's eve and he looked very interested on coming along with some other pro's it would be nice to have them racing with us.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Eric5555

I think that I might go to this one....can I race a 400 if im 15???.....and how are the trails like?
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Eric5555 on January 07, 2007, 09:53:22 PM
I think that I might go to this one....can I race a 400 if im 15???.....and how are the trails like?

You have to be 16 to race anything bigger than a 300.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

Luis! Where were you hanging out with Borich? Pretty cool.
I found this and thought some of you might want to see it.
This series is going to blow up.  :)
http://www.atvsource.com/articles/racing/2006/092806_lake_nona_classic_quad_scrambles_orlando_florida.htm
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Quote from: mudnuri on January 08, 2007, 04:27:53 PM
Luis! Where were you hanging out with Borich? Pretty cool.


Hey Brian, we went to Croom and he was there, and even help Chris tuning his suspension, him and the other guy that was with him, were really friendly and willin to help !!!
Are you racing this weekend at Big Cypress ?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: mudnuri on January 08, 2007, 04:27:53 PM
Luis! Where were you hanging out with Borich? Pretty cool.
I found this and thought some of you might want to see it.
This series is going to blow up.  :)
http://www.atvsource.com/articles/racing/2006/092806_lake_nona_classic_quad_scrambles_orlando_florida.htm
That's cool!!

Hey who's that on my quad?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

YFZ450-Tampa

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

Wow, that is really cool!
He was really nice at Gatorback.
Thats a great picture! Did any of you ask to ride his quad?
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: mudnuri on January 08, 2007, 08:43:51 PM
Wow, that is really cool!
He was really nice at Gatorback.
Thats a great picture! Did any of you ask to ride his quad?

I didn't ask him if I could ride his quad. I think if I did he probably would have let me.

Here is a picture of his rig.  He had a Lexus IS300 in there also for getting around town.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kenz

Uuugghh, how depressing, he has more room to work on his bike(s) in a race trailer than I do in my garage.  It's looks to be alot cleaner too.  :)

Very cool pics.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

RAD 450r

Cool that would be awesome if he showed up, he could use some practice i guess, even though he won the GNCC in florida by 3 minutes! I saw him at croom 2 times over x-mas break, once was at OAS (my friends saw him while i was waiting outside and said he was hiding his face) and then again a day later just sitting in the pits at the sand hill.  Did i mention I cant wait for this race either!
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

mudnuri

If anybody didn't notice, along with our own Pro rider, Taylor Kiser, Brandon Sommers was at the HS in Seminole. So it wouldn't surprise me to see them at this event along with other Pro's! It wouldn't surprise me to see a popular ATV magazine taking an iterest in us as well  :o
So shine up those machines and c'mon out.
P.S. PIT RIDING IS NOT AN ISSUE-DON'T MAKE IT ONE.
1ST GEAR AROUND THE PITS.
IT'S SIMPLE. REMIND YOUR BUDDIES.
THEY DO DQ FOR STUPID PIT BEHAVIOUR.
SAVE ALL THE BS FOR THE RACE
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

kenz

Alright everybody QS #4 is a little over a week away!!  As I said before this is going to be an awesome race and everyone is sure to have a great time. 

Here is a a small preview to what is waiting for you.  You'll have to thank Josh and Amanda for the pics.  Enjoy!!

Looking forward to seeing everybody there!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Thecreekjump.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Thecreekjumpreversed.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Alternatebridgetocreekjump.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/creekjumpandbridge.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Entrancetothechicane.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Entrancetothechicanereversed.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/IdareyoutotryandhitTHESEposts.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Interesting.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/notexactlya-gofast-section.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Newwatercrossing.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/newwatercrossingreversed.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Watercrossing.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Samewatercrossingdifferentangle.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/Hmmmn.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/yetanotherwatercrossing.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/ftrracer8/IthinkIvebeenonarollercoasterthatlo.jpg
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

YFZ450-Tampa

It look's like a lil jump to cross the water, nice and as I understand, all those tires and logs will slow you down quiet bit befor the score point, can't wait, are we there yet?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

kenz

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on January 18, 2007, 07:07:01 PM
It look's like a lil jump to cross the water, nice and as I understand, all those tires and logs will slow you down quiet bit befor the score point, can't wait, are we there yet?

Slowing everybody down is the name of game for scoring.  The chicane is gonna require a little finesse' to get through and not get screwed up in it.

Pics really don't do it justice, there are some other fun obstacles throughout the course.

The 27th will be here soon.  Maybe not soon enough!!
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Eric5555

#47
I think that im gonna go to this one......but I have to use my spare 250ex instead of my 400 because im not 16 yet......how long is the race???....and how far is Myakka City from boca raton???And do they sell numbers and number plates at the race?
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

svtbolt04

Eric, I think your race is 1:30.00 long.

One hour and Thirty minutes.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Eric5555

[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com