Weird noise coming from front left tire area......

Started by Yamaha72, December 08, 2006, 02:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamaha72

Alright so I took my raptor for a ride last weekend and come to discover that there is a funny noise coming from my front left tire area. Like a grinding, weird noise, could this be my wheel bearing???
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Yamaha72 on December 08, 2006, 02:25:56 AM
Alright so I took my raptor for a ride last weekend and come to discover that there is a funny noise coming from my front left tire area. Like a grinding, weird noise, could this be my wheel bearing???
My z did that too, but it eventually just stopped. maybe a rock is stuck in your brake rotor?

Yamaha72

That's was what I was thinking along the lines of, I am going to pull the tire tommorow to further investigate...... Hopefully its just a dumb rock...
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

MPTonyT

the raptor os known to be the noisiest quad on the market. just a hint when you have the wheel off...... brake cleaner works wonders. i have to clean my brakes at least three times after a ride unless i remove the wheel and do a thorough cleaning.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

MadMudder

Yeah, its probably just a rock or possibly a bearing. I would pop off the tire and see whats going on.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..