Powder coat or Base/clear coat!

Started by Inyourdraft2000, November 30, 2006, 02:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inyourdraft2000

I have my 400 ex stripped down to just the frame. I understand the pros' and cons of both options
but was curious from those who have already gone through this as to what kind of cost are involved
in having the frame and the A arms P-coated and or going w/ a Gloss black w/ a red metal flake mixed in w/ the clear coat. I am most likely going to spray it myself w/ my second option but depending
on the P-coat cost I may go w/ it instead.....Thanks again for any input!!! 8)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

lugnuts

I had my zilla frame done in blue along with all frame brackets ie:engine mounts,foot pegs,front and rear grab bars and front control arms in yellow all power coated total cost for media blast and power coating was 250.00 I can give you there info if you want its a shop local to me here in st.pete they did a great job no blems at all

steve
2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

Ride1Rob

#2
A friend of mine tried those colors and it gave it the Barney effect (Purple). I mixed a metallic black and pearl red together and I got this... It's paint but has held up pretty good since I did it (Almost a year ago)
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!