Quads Only Glamis 2006

Started by dirtrider2002, November 29, 2006, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtrider2002

We headed out saturday morning (nov. 1 8) for a 40 hour drive, straight through, to the Imperial Sand Dunes, better known as Glamis, California. On the way we had 6 flats on the trailer, and were stuck at a Walmart for a couple of hours at about 2 or 3 in the morning.
We finally got there monday morning at about 7:30 am; quickly unpacked and headed out for a ride. Let me tell you, the videos and pictures you see give no justice to the place. We rode for 6 days, and had alot of fun, checked out the sand drags, Oldsmobile hill, and China Wall. We found a few decent jumps, including an approxiamately 90' jump by Oldsmobile hill. I'm about 90% sure that Jeff "Ox" Kargola was there, smacking the jump, busting out a no footed can, hart attack, and a superman seat grab indian air. We also saw Scummy, driving around in his giant Ford.
The drive back was much more pleasant, and we even stopped at a ghost town, a rest stop to climb on a few giant rocks, and on the side of the road to take pictures with a giant cactus. We got back tuesday morning at 5:30 am, and finally got a good nights sleep.

For pics check out:

http://www.quadsonlyrevolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11
Sometimes... when you do Freestyle.... You just have to hit it hard

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

z400hick85

Man that looks like fun. I hope to do that one day.

450rcrazy

Glamis looks awesome nice pics except the full moon.

T2

Nice pics, I would like to go out west some time.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

dreth


Chuck_Norris

awesome pics. One day I will make it out there

dirtrider2002

definetely worth the ride, but maybe not every year ;)
Sometimes... when you do Freestyle.... You just have to hit it hard

russrides

Quads Only Member
06 Ltr 450
01 Banshee

quadsonlyrevolution.com

koh0001

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

Ida_Mann

I am so freakin jealous,,,,,,maybe one of these days when I get my Class A license I'll rent a semi to haul a bunch of people out there.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 04, 2006, 05:07:27 PM
I am so freakin jealous,,,,,,maybe one of these days when I get my Class A license I'll rent a semi to haul a bunch of people out there.

Id@

I got the transportation thing covered. a buddy of mine hauls  cross country for a living. He is all up for that trip when we put it together

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on December 08, 2006, 01:05:24 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 04, 2006, 05:07:27 PM
I am so freakin jealous,,,,,,maybe one of these days when I get my Class A license I'll rent a semi to haul a bunch of people out there.

Id@

I got the transportation thing covered. a buddy of mine hauls  cross country for a living. He is all up for that trip when we put it together

I could team up, get there faster ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Quadracer

#0 06 YFZ 450 50th Ann
05 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew Cab
Flowmaster Exhaust
K&N Full Out
www.myspace.com/atvrider65

JayDawg

I miss Glamis so much! I was born and raised in San Diego so when I was a kid my family used to goto Glamis almost every weekend. I have so many memories of that place it isn't even funny. My Uncle and a few of my cousins all just bought some atv's a few months ago and have been going back at least once a month. If I get the opportunity, I am going to try and make a trip sometime in 07'.
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...