I need help building a tiki bar....

Started by AmericanRobster, November 28, 2006, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

For those of you that don't know I just turned 21 on Saturday. Recently, my Dad and I have been remodeling our house latley and we are thinkng about building a tiki bar for our deck. We work in construction everyday and we plan on building our own, or unless we come across a really good design. We may purchase it or just build it ourselves. I was wondering if any of you guys had one that I could see pics of to get ideas for the one we want to build.

Thanks,
         Rob
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

bigscrub79

[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

AmericanRobster

Thanks alot dude! I think we have an idea for some of the stuff we want to do. Whenever we get it all together I will post some pics.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

digginfool

Go down to Seminole Motocross track and look at the way the Indians build their tikis (chickies).  It's really cool the way they use palmetto fronds for the thatch.  They say the thatch lasts up to 7 years and is pretty inexpensive to replace.  The look is awesome.  I have one built in my backyard (12x20) and it stood up to Hurricane Wilma without losing any of the thatch and the eye went right over us.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

AmericanRobster

 Awesome. I have come to the conclusion that I will just be building a regualar island bar for the deck.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com