Thunderbowl Speedway - TT Track Construction

Started by fastrnrik, November 28, 2006, 12:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

I have decided to add a TT track to our existing track at Thunderbowl Speedway in Ocala. We have several designs drawn up, but a national Dirt Track and TT racing promoter and track builder is coming to meet with me in January to work with us about what is the best fit for our facility. As soon as we figure out what will work the best, we will begin construction. I am planning for the track to be done by late February.

Alright, give me some input.

Who's down for some haul a$$ TT racing? 

Ride1Rob

Now I'd definitely make it up quite often for that  ;)  .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!


Scott270r

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LT-R450ApK

Is it Done yet?? i needs some practice for the nats 8)
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

tat2mike

brady you know im in   

im excited for a couple of reasons  one is there isnt a TT track in the state

and the other is everyone here seen what you did with the oval at thunderbowl so we know this isnt gonna be some half a$$ track 

TT is some fun fast racin  bring on the switchbacks and speed jumps  way to go brady you the man  ;)  8)
Formally tecatemike

dreth

Quote from: Scott270r on November 28, 2006, 02:14:16 AM
Sounds Cool Brady, Count me in!



you cant race this track because you will get lost............right turns ???
















:D :D :D :D :D

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Scott270r

Quote from: Dreth on November 28, 2006, 12:35:07 PM
Quote from: Scott270r on November 28, 2006, 02:14:16 AM
Sounds Cool Brady, Count me in!

you cant race this track because you will get lost............right turns ???


:D :D :D :D :D

That's what YOU think Shawn, I used to race MX back in 1990-1997, I haven't forgotten yet how to turn right either..LOL  ;)
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Quad32x

Quote from: Scott270r on November 28, 2006, 10:57:47 PM
Quote from: Dreth on November 28, 2006, 12:35:07 PM
Quote from: Scott270r on November 28, 2006, 02:14:16 AM
Sounds Cool Brady, Count me in!

you cant race this track because you will get lost............right turns ???


:D :D :D :D :D

That's what YOU think Shawn, I used to race MX back in 1990-1997, I haven't forgotten yet how to turn right either..LOL  ;)

But it aint nuttin for that man to forget a big ole box of parts. :tsktsk.gif :S :L
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Ride1Rob

I just heard that you won't be able to run knobbies...
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

LT-R450ApK

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

fastrnrik

Quote from: Ride1Rob on November 29, 2006, 12:00:29 AM
I just heard that you won't be able to run knobbies...

You are correct. No knobbies.

dreth

Quote from: Scott270r on November 28, 2006, 10:57:47 PM
Quote from: Dreth on November 28, 2006, 12:35:07 PM
Quote from: Scott270r on November 28, 2006, 02:14:16 AM
Sounds Cool Brady, Count me in!

you cant race this track because you will get lost............right turns ???


:D :D :D :D :D

That's what YOU think Shawn, I used to race MX back in 1990-1997, I haven't forgotten yet how to turn right either..LOL  ;)




i just had to bust your chops a little :D

Scott270r

Quote from: Quad32x on November 28, 2006, 11:10:03 PM
But it aint nuttin for that man to forget a big ole box of parts. :tsktsk.gif :S :L

Hey Man, I can't figure out what could have happened to them. I checked out my parents house too, still no dice.  :dunno.gif
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Quad32x

Quote from: Scott270r on November 29, 2006, 05:25:50 AM
Quote from: Quad32x on November 28, 2006, 11:10:03 PM
But it aint nuttin for that man to forget a big ole box of parts. :tsktsk.gif :S :L

Hey Man, I can't figure out what could have happened to them. I checked out my parents house too, still no dice.  :dunno.gif
Im just jerkin yer chain bro. 2:L  It was Crookeds stuff anyway and he seems to be in no kind of hurry to do anything with his bike anyway. :tsktsk.gif
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Ride1Rob

Quote from: LT-R450ApK on November 29, 2006, 12:04:09 AM
Real TT tracks Dont run knobbies  ;)

May be true... but there are those of us that can't have 3-4 sets of tires and rims laying around. Hell, I can only afford the set on my bike  :-\  .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

RTR_380/450R

Did someone say TT?  HMMMMMM! I think Ive done that a few times before! ;) 8)
Lets go!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Quad32x

Quote from: RTR_380/450R on November 30, 2006, 04:46:35 AM
Did someone say TT?  HMMMMMM! I think Ive done that a few times before! ;) 8)
Lets go!
Tool. ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

RTR_380/450R

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

tat2mike

Formally tecatemike

fastrnrik

Nothing new. I have a meeting in January with Steve Nace, at which time we'll get the layout hammered out. In the meantime, I will try to have the clay mined out so once we get the design down, we can start rolling trucks and begin construction as quick as possible.     

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

 Well, I spoke with Steve Nace today about our meeting in January. He is just as excited as I am about our TT track project. He said that that himself (he's a national racing promoter for those who don't know) and the ATVA wants to add us on the national TT circuit, and possibly the Extreme Dirt Track Series? It would be for next year, as the coming years schedule is already set.
We traded thoughts on some layout ideas for the track itself. He has had some motorcycle races here in the past, so he's familiar with our facility. The only downer is that the TT construction may not start until after Bike Week because he's bringing the motorcycles that race in daytona to race at our track during bike week. If I can complete the track before they come, then I will, but if my schedule won't allow it, then I'll wait until after they're gone. I don't really want a half finshed job with 500+ motorcycles coming to race.
   
I will post more info as I get it.
Thanks
 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com