Id@ Pics

Started by Ida_Mann, November 27, 2006, 06:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

OK ya'll, I'm starting a small business venture and am looking for a good name.  I figured it worked well for ATP, it might as well work for me.

I'm going to be going out to a lot of the tracks and various races and grabbing photos for sale and the only name so far I have is "Id@ Pics",,,,,I'm not too keen on it so I'm looking for suggestions.

Give me suggestions on this thread and after a week or two once there are a few names, I'll make a poll to pick the final name.  Whoever wins the poll will get three 8X10" framed photos of them on a track or their favorite riding spot(hopefully it's Ocala or Croom ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MadMudder

I kind@ like the name how it is....
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

svtbolt04

Not to rain on your parade, but there are a few photographers that go to the FTR events. They take thousands of pictures all day long.

The only way I could see you competeing with them is to either take really great photos or have REALLY great prices.

There is one guy who travels from northren florida/georgia to make as many FTR events as possible.. He prints and sells at the track.

Then there is Glen Gardner who has his on his website.


What kind of camera will you be taking photos with?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Ida_Mann

To be honest, I wasn't really planning on doing the FTR races due to that very issue.

and thanks MadMudder.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

xr100racer

Swamp Donkey advertises his buisness but he is a contributing member. Mr. Bones could use some money to maintain the site  ;D

Ida_Mann

Quote from: xr100racer on November 27, 2006, 07:14:00 PM
Swamp Donkey advertises his buisness but he is a contributing member. Mr. Bones could use some money to maintain the site  ;D

How do you think I got a space on here?

NB
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LakeMaryKid

Racer Preview Photography
Precision Racer Photography
Precision Race Photography
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

yunt2ride

#7
I Demand Photography

I Demand Great Pics
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

450rcrazy

racers quick pics
Id@'s quick racing pics    (IQRP)
racing quick pics
ID@'s pitcha dat

450rcrazy

ID@'s fast photography
Fast photograpy
Racers Fast Photography

xr100racer

are you one? if so then thats cool. i just thought it would say under your name and your stars would be green

quadtographer

Having been in just this business for more years than I wish to admit, don't worry about the name, a name is not what is going to make your business or reputation. Your work, dedication and ability to deliver a great product will be what makes you.

I have shot pics at NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, AMA, events been a track photographer for stock car racing and drag racing, shot for magazines and newspapers and can tell you this from experience, IT IS a hard way to make a living, you will have a good weekend then you will have two maybe three bad ones then two good then four bad. You can never count on a certain amount of income each weekend. You can go to a event where you are the only photographer there and make a ton of money then you go out the next weekend and you have to compete with four or five.

Worst of all, you have to deal with all the CUT THROATS that will under cut you at the drop of a hat.

You will be lied to by customers and event holders. Customers will tell you they never recieved the pics you mailed them. The event holders will tell you that they are going to have 20,000 people and that is why they are charging you a $500 vendor fee and once you
get there you realize there might be 2000 people total.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to discourage you in any way, there is plenty of work out there for all, however not all feel about this as I do. 25 years of doing this opens your eyes alot. If there is anything I can do to help or questions you would like to ask feel free to contact me.


Fox17

i got a name:

The Best D@ng R@cin Pics Period.

greenmachine

Take more pics of the Mini Quad & MX racers because "proud parents" have the most money to spend for the little ones.

SomBch

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: greenmachine on November 28, 2006, 02:53:31 PM
Take more pics of the Mini Quad & MX racers because "proud parents" have the most money to spend for the little ones.

I got probably about 400 of the mini quads at the last race in Lakeland.

got that covered.

Id@

ps: keep em comin people, I love the ones so far.
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

yunt2ride

In Action Race Photography

Wide Open Race Pictures

First Place Photography
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

MadMudder

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 28, 2006, 04:46:58 PM
In Action Race Photography

Wide Open Race Pictures

First Place Photography
I like the last one^
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Fox17

Quote from: MadMudder on November 28, 2006, 05:14:43 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 28, 2006, 04:46:58 PM
In Action Race Photography

Wide Open Race Pictures

First Place Photography
I like the last one^

o shut up. you know mine is better.  ;) lol.

bigscrub79

In Demand @ction Pictures or just Id@ Pics for short
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

1FasterBlaster

How bout Holeshotts?

twitch

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on November 29, 2006, 11:29:31 PM
How bout Holeshotts?
That maybe misconstrued, but a good name.  I'm drawing blanks.  no help to any one here so i'll shut up
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

Ida_Mann

Quote from: twitch on November 29, 2006, 11:35:31 PM
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on November 29, 2006, 11:29:31 PM
How bout Holeshotts?
That maybe misconstrued, but a good name.  I'm drawing blanks.  no help to any one here so i'll shut up

and my dirty mind didn't even think of that one till you said something ;-0

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

1FasterBlaster

That's what happens from playing in the dirt for a while!!

Ida_Mann

got the pics up from the 11-19 Lakeland race in my section,,,take a look.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com