Finding Top Dead Center on a Bayou 300?

Started by ndonnine, November 27, 2006, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndonnine

How do I find top dead center for my Bayou 300? 1998 Model, KLF300 engine is in it.

I broke a spocket gear i guess, and i need to replace it and i have the part on order but I need to know how ot find top dead center.

THanks

gery350

well a not so scientific way would be to remove the spark plug and rotate til you feel the piston at the top. (but there has to be a window of sorts as a reference point.)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Fox17

just out of curriosity, why need it to be at TDC to replace a sprocket?

ndonnine

The chain sprocket that turns the pistons in and out. I may be saying the wrong name it may not be a sproket it may be a chain gear. Hah sorry. My bud is doing the work and I"m just assisting and asking questions.

greenmachine

Use a popsicle stick or an unsharpened pencil , remove the plug, stick it in the center of the hole, rotate the crankshaft very slowly. When it hits TDC the pencil will go up & immediately start going down, the highest point is TDC.

xr100racer