Kawasaki KFX 450R

Started by n0f3ai2, February 09, 2007, 07:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n0f3ai2

So whats all the hype about? Is it supposed to be a beast or some thing?

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Young Gun

Yes, I just got my new QU4D magazine (March 2007) and they test rode it.  They said that all the other manufacturers of 450cc bikes have reason to be worried because of how much of a beast it really is. 
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

mrbones

Is it Kawasaki's own design? I now in the past they have shared a few models with Suzuki.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Kawa3

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on February 12, 2007, 11:25:17 AM
Is it Kawasaki's own design? I now in the past they have shared a few models with Suzuki.

Im pretty sure it was all kawasaki's design, I think it came from their 450 dirtbike
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

greenmachine

Quote from: Kawa3 on February 12, 2007, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on February 12, 2007, 11:25:17 AM
Is it Kawasaki's own design? I now in the past they have shared a few models with Suzuki.

Im pretty sure it was all kawasaki's design, I think it came from their 450 dirtbike
The engine is the same engine as Bubba Stewarts KX450F. Just different gearing I beleive. Yes it has been stated in all mags that it will be the new king of the block in 450's. I like it, except for the headlights & it looks as if it sets high, cant wait to see in person.

klutchbuster400

I think its gonna be a HUUUUUGE hit in the xc world, and not too bad in the mx world.

53yfz450

I think its going to well ummmm break in half!!!!! :P

lol no realy i say its going to be fast but i dont know how well the frame will last :-\
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

dreth

Quote from: 53yfz450 on February 12, 2007, 05:58:51 PM
I think its going to well ummmm break in half!!!!! :P

lol no realy i say its going to be fast but i dont know how well the frame will last :-\


I AGREE! aluminum just doesnt seem strong enough to with stand the MX beating.

ebtrx450r

A few of the pros have already snapped the frames on test rides. That may be a reason to worry! And it's ugly but I bet it's fast as hell!

greenmachine

Quote from: ebtrx450r on February 12, 2007, 06:08:19 PM
A few of the pros have already snapped the frames on test rides. That may be a reason to worry! And it's ugly but I bet it's fast as hell!
That is surprising, I have seen airboat cages made of aluminum that held up to props spinning 3K rpms with over 600hp & no cracks. these were built by local airboaters not engineered mechanically. ???

klutchbuster400

Lol well yeahm AFTER they change the aluminum frame it will be a pretty bad @ss machine, They arent that ugly after you do a little fabricating to it.

RAD 450r

Fuel injection will be nice, Honda and Yamaha gotta step their game up.

700 has an aluminum subframe, no serious problems yet, then again its a trail quad.

Overlapping fenders is a good idea i guess

The KFX is gonna kick some serious japanesse a$$ i think though.
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

DCR_Marcus14

Doug roll designed the chassis so it should handle pretty well and hopefully last. They were having some frame issues but have them mostly figured out as far as Ive heard. I dont know of anyone that has designed a prefect chassis from the factory as far as lasting a while without cracking. Dont forget the cannondales had aluminum frames and didnt get cracks in them. Itll be the same as every other quad out there, itll have some problems first year or so but then they will get figured out.
Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com