Main Menu

turnout

Started by jimmy660, November 08, 2006, 08:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy660

What kind of turnout average are you guys getting at most races? Also what is everyone riding? I race xc but I have my old raptor sitting in the shed collecting dust.I know that there is a huge difference in the handling on mx and xc tracks from the raptor to my 450 but if I lower the raptor and add swaybars would it be ok?Any info is appreciated.

HillKiller

  It depends on the track we are at but a fair average would be about 30. Remember flat track tires are required and a swaybar would probably be a good idea although not everyone uses one. Hope this helps. ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

fastrnrik

Do up the Raptor if you have one. My friend races one and is competitive in our class.

jimmy660

It has Elkas and +1"  a arms with a + 2 axle but its still top heavy. Should be alright if I lower it a little . Just don't want to spend the money on a bike that still will not be competative.

Scott270r

Jimmy,

You should be fine, you will want to have a swaybar and lower it some but you have good shocks and if you have some power you should run real well. Come on up to Valdosta and have some fun.  :ThumbsUp.gif
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com