We love River Ranch!

Started by bigdaddimjl, March 10, 2005, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddimjl

Hi all! My husband (bigdaddimjl) and I (Odie) are new to this site and we wanted to say how much we love River Ranch.  I see there is another bigdaddy out there that takes his family there.  We are property owners also and we just set up a camp finally after all these years.  Only for them to keep telling us the State keeps wanting to shut it down up there and take the land.  It is getting very ridiculous with these people.  Why have a bike if we can't ride them anywhere.  It is getting crazy.  Bigdaddimjl goes up to W. VA to the Hatfield McCoy mountains to ride if anyone is in to that.  I will post some pictures of the the last couple of years when they get back from this trip.  But I am glad for clubs like this that can show us in a better light so we can continue to do what we love so much.  Thanks and nice to meet you all.  Look forward to meeting you out on the trails.

B-man

Welcome to the site....lots of good people on here.
YZ 490  "Yellow Jacket"

big-daddy

#2
welcome to the site from the one an only (Big-Daddy)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Thrasher

Welcome!
I ride river ranch a lot too (recently), and have been up to Hatfield Mccoy, went up this past Thanksgving with Grizz and his family and Dreth and his dad..was an awesome riding experience!
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Redgrizzly660


Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteOur trip to Hatfield McCoy

Looks like 5 bums fighting over a park bench.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

RaptorTom

Welcome to the site I have met a lot of good people on the group rides.
For Sale
2002 Blaster
2003 TTR125
1999 PW80

bbf

welcome to the site . i bin riding at rr for a few years always have a good time

T2

QuoteOur trip to Hatfield McCoy
LOL  ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

dreth

QuoteLooks like 5 bums fighting over a park bench.  ;D


dems roostin words [smiley=box.gif] wheres the rappy? here rappy rappy rappy ;)

Da_Mtg_Man

lol... I was hoping you'd see that post.  ;)
The Rappy may be leaving me. I'm looking at a couple of utes
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dreth

Quotelol... I was hoping you'd see that post.  ;)
The Rappy may be leaving me. I'm looking at a couple of utes

i didnt mean to scare ya that bad :o you lookin to slow down or what?

Da_Mtg_Man

No, I just want something to go muddin on so I'm going to sell the Rappy, get what I want and then keep an eye out for a basket case fixer upper. Actually, I have an LT 250R at the shop that I might keep once it gets put back together.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

sorry for highjacking the thread.
 Welcome to the site  bigdad.
Now we're back on track
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

trailhouseowner

If you ever have any questions on any of the trails in the Hatfield McCoy Trail System, don't hesitate to contact me.  I stay pretty up to date on trail status.
trailhouseowner
Hatfield McCoy Trails

Browning Fork Trailhouse
www.browningforktrailhouse.com

lbucha8150@aol.com


God bless America and all our troops!!

jjamesbar

QuoteI'm going to sell the Rappy

generally when you get ready to ride a ute its starts up and runs all day. not the same with a high performance split fire spark plug racing machine, right mikey.

oh yea, welcome to the site guys.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

welcome to the best site  ;D
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

bigdaddimjl

Hi all, This is Odie again.  Thank you for the nice welcome.  We were at River Ranch this weekend for some nice riding.  Went out to Deadlands where there is lots of water.  We were floating alot!  Noticed some places have been fenced off and dug out now.  They are trying to keep us out of the canals I guess now.  But going up again this weekend again and it has rained here in Okeechobee for 2 days straight so it should be wet there too hopefully.  Talk to you later.

jayd

Hello to all b/c I am new as well. My father and I have ridden the Hatfeild McCoy trails also and had a blast! We will be at RR this weekend to, maybe we will meet some of you soon out there.

trailhouseowner

jayd,

What trail is the pic taken on?  The Browning Fork Trail runs right behind my house!!
trailhouseowner
Hatfield McCoy Trails

Browning Fork Trailhouse
www.browningforktrailhouse.com

lbucha8150@aol.com


God bless America and all our troops!!

jayd

Trail- I can't remember, but I do remember at this spot there was a huge trail going vertical up the side of a mountain and a major mud hole.

jayd

Another picture of the mountain-

dreth

that spot was cloced when we went

Thrasher

#23
hey! that hill looks VERY familiar!

:)

was it trail 10 or 12? I know its one of those 2
that mountain is close to the Gilbert trailhead.

this same mountain is on the cover of thier brochure too.

do any of the blue trails? those are fun.

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

bbf