QUAD SCRAMBLE #3 MYAKKA CITY- SUGARBOWL!

Started by mudnuri, November 06, 2006, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

Oh boy! http://www.floridatrailriders.org/cgi-bin/ikon3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=5254
26 days until the next challenge of endurance and skill. Those of you who finally got a taste know why XC riders get so pumped up before an event.
I must say, the little riders are pretty neat to watch. Or maybe it's watching the parents watching their kids? Good fun.
The utility class looks like a LOT OF FUN, too!!
Those of you who want to check out this course before the QS can go to the HS http://www.floridatrailriders.org/cgi-bin/ikon3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=5256
But that would give you an edge...  :N
Start prepping your machine now
See you there!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

paul450

going to start tearing down my bike to see what all I broke this weekend, but should be back up in time for the next one...From what I've heard the same 2 tight trees that took me out, took out about 4 others, they just keep getting tighter the more the roots got exposed.... BUT MAN can't wait till the next,   it was nice to see so many atv florida forums guy out there this past race...

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

svtbolt04

They say its going to be another drag race.

Looks like I will put my 15 tooth on for this one.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

I'd be careful believing what "they" are telling you.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Well talking about broken parts, I saw some play on the axle when I was lubing the chain, I thought it was the carrier bearings, but surprise surprise, the bearings were OK but the carrier is broken >:(, oh well, I should have it fixed by Saturday I need a lot of practice, this kids on "B" class are smoking fast, I need to get my wore out muscles back in bussines  ;D

And I don't know about all that drag racing talking, a lot of times they say that and all you find is tight woods I like them both so it shouldn't be a problem, I'll try both "HS" and "QS"

See everyone at the track
Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

jujulo700R

Quick question. Are there usually a lot of quads that go to the HS? I am thinking about going to the HS but don't want to be the only quad out there. I would like to see how I stack against the competition if you know what I mean? Thanks for the help in advance.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

mudnuri

There were around 40 entries for the HS and nearly 200 for the QS
If want to see how you "stack up" you'd be better off going to the QS.
Either way you'll have fun. I will add that at a QS, all you see is quads. It is really cool!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

jujulo700R

Quote from: mudnuri on November 09, 2006, 04:08:15 PM
There were around 40 entries for the HS and nearly 200 for the QS
If want to see how you "stack up" you'd be better off going to the QS.
Either way you'll have fun. I will add that at a QS, all you see is quads. It is really cool!

The reason why I asked is because I went to the first QS in Orlando for the "fun run" and man the course was so beat up that it almost killed me. I tried it out to see if I wanted to do the series and I almost said no because itwas that bad. Then someone told me that the course was much nicer the weekend before during the HS because it was more fresh. I just figured I would check the course out in the earlier stages before it is all chewed up. If there are enough quads going out, I think I would go to the HS to get a chance to run a fresh course. Does that make sense?
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

svtbolt04

Yeah, but understand that if you go to run the December 2nd quadscramble the track will be probably rougher than before when you run it in the HS.

It is definatly a good practice though to get a feel of the track.

But remember, you only get a trophy at the end of the day in the HS. No points race.


I should be there.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

Please do not judge what is to be by that first event.  ;) They are all TOTALLY different. Different part of the state. Differnt terrain.
I think you'll be surprised. Go to the quad scramble. It is for quads and you will not be sorry!
I'm going there this weekend to help and will let you know what to expect. Plan on Dec 2nd if you want to see how you stand against the rest.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

kevoquad

at least at the qs races your around nothing but quad riders.  at the hs you'll have to put up with stubborn  bike riders that look down on us. i dont mind the rough tracks, long drives, entry fees, etc..   i enjoy getting out there and being with down to earth guys and gals looking to take this sport further than anyone could imagine. im just glad i have some races that are less than an hour away from me.  hope to see everyone out in myakka, parrish, orlando and sweetwater. 
04 yfz450     " quad open #1b "
03 kodiak 400 4x4
04 nissan titan

jujulo700R

Quote from: kevoquad on November 10, 2006, 06:29:49 PM
at least at the qs races your around nothing but quad riders.  at the hs you'll have to put up with stubborn  bike riders that look down on us. i dont mind the rough tracks, long drives, entry fees, etc..   i enjoy getting out there and being with down to earth guys and gals looking to take this sport further than anyone could imagine. im just glad i have some races that are less than an hour away from me.  hope to see everyone out in myakka, parrish, orlando and sweetwater. 


Well now that you put it like that, I guess it would be nice to be surrounded by nothing but quads. I guess I have a little time to prepare so I will make the most of my time and get the bike ready. By the way Mudnuri, keep us posted on how the track looks. Thanks
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

Albright335

Phil and I will be at both the Myakka HS & QS...the more seat time the better :P
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

YFZ450-Tampa

Well I have my quad fixed, thank's to my friend Dan that had a carrier and I'm back for both HS and QS oh yeah !!!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

kenz

I'll be at both the HS and QS in Myakka.  It's close to my house and I need the practice anyway.  Any other 400 C class riders gonna be at the HS??

see ya'll there.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

lawn_man mx

how  wide  is the  trails on this  race ?  will i make it  with my mx z  if  i do  modified it a bit?   sounds  like fun .  i  saw  thepics  of  seminoles  race  .
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

svtbolt04

Im not sure how wide you are or anything, but if you are over 50inches.. You might want to see what you can do to bring in the front.

I dont know about your rear either..

I know that sometimes I even have a hard time squeezing through some of the stuff out there.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Ryan561

2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything

cubnfrank

I missed the last race because of a brake failure. I just sent my rear shock to GT Thunder. I hope I get it back in time. If I do Im racing
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

Ryan561

iv been waiting a mounth for my pipe from Big Gun
2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything

atvtrailer

Quote from: cubnfrank on November 17, 2006, 10:36:43 PM
I missed the last race because of a brake failure. I just sent my rear shock to GT Thunder. I hope I get it back in time. If I do Im racing

you should have it back before the race, mine was back just a lil over a week after i sent it to him, you should like it and u definly wont be as sore
05 450r #13B

cubnfrank

Randall, congrats on your 1st place finish on the last race. I hope it rides like your bike. We're leaving for NY today. If I get it back next week I should be ready for the race.
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

atvtrailer

Quote from: cubnfrank on November 18, 2006, 11:12:46 AM
Randall, congrats on your 1st place finish on the last race. I hope it rides like your bike. We're leaving for NY today. If I get it back next week I should be ready for the race.

thanks, have fun and hope to see u at the race
05 450r #13B

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com