shotguns.

Started by Fox17, November 05, 2006, 04:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

ok, my sister wants a shotgun. she shot mine today (20 ga.) and wants one now. i got it 3 years ago. she wants one that doesnt kick as hard. thinkin a .410 or a 28 gauge. mine is a charles daly. i just wonder if some newer 20 ga. kick a lil less. it kicks the same as my friends 12 ga. so i think a good newer 20 ga. would kick less. ??

also what is a good gun to get for not too much $. she has bout 300-350 to spend on one. i have never had a problem with mine. my friend has never had a problem with his mossberg 500. my other friend has a remington express super mag. all flawless.


also would a 28 ga. or a .410 take down a deer?

backwoods boy

I THINK THEY MAKE A MODEL 500 20ga  :)it should kick less than my12ga
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

UncleRico

You want to give a girl a gun???

Are you insane?


Give her a hand crafted 8 gauge Browning made in beliguim. I think they're pretty cheap and have a very light kick. I think.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

bigscrub79

Quote from: UncleRico on November 05, 2006, 04:51:12 PM
You want to give a girl a gun???

Are you insane?


Give her a hand crafted 8 gauge Browning made in beliguim. I think they're pretty cheap and have a very light kick. I think.
Excellent suggestion Rico, that is the perfect gun for a girl.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

450rcrazy

.410 should fit her perfect

blupits04

take her to bass pro shops and let her feel out which one she likes, then go from there. They should also be able to tell you a little more about the difference in them.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

nATiVcracker

a semi-auto will kick less than any pump action or single or double barrel . part of the recoil is used to operate the bolt which is what kicks out the shell that was just fired . from my experience a 12 guage semi-auto (gas operated) has the same recoil as a 20 guage pump or single shot . oh and also the lighter the gun the heavier the kick . that goes for rifle , shotgun, or handgun .
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

qt314nfla

Ok two of you are in trouble and now have targets on your back.  Hell I'm no shmuck I wouldn't dare shoot ya in the back.  Target on the chest so you can see me coming.  Y'all just ain't right. ;D

As for a good gun. Do the research online for what she wants.  Take her to a range where she can shoot several guns and see which she likes best. Then go to a local gun show. By then you'll be well researched on prices of guns and you can look at MANY different makes and models of the same caliber.  She'll have her choice of new or used and should be able to get a NICE gun for 100-150.  In addition y'all can haggle for the gun. 

You can't haggle at Bass Pro or any other shop.  They also don't have the variety to look at.  I have 3 guns and all but one was bought used.  The only reason I got the one new was I got too good a deal on it for what it had.  I was looking at used for that one also.  Be sure if you go used that you know what you are doing as far as checking out the barrel though.

I'd say get a gun that doesn't scare her that she can grow into.  I think the 410 is a great gun but I'd say a 20 gauge is probably perfect.  In addition she can shoot dove/quail loads that aren't packed as heavy to cut down on the kick.  What is her want or use of this gun?  That will be a good indicator.

rubicon500kid

my mom shoots my 12g fine(she is small like 5 feet )my sis shot it once and fell on her ass lol
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

blupits04

I agree with QT about the gun show. I was suggesting Bass pro to do some research and let her feel the difference. But you can fins a really good cheap gun at a show.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

UncleRico

Go down into the ghetto to MLK and ask for a guy named "Cheese" or "G", he's typically wearing a white T shirt.....you can also check at the barber shop in that same neighborhood.


You'll get a good deal on used guns! If you don't care about the serial number, you'll be good to go. If you want a shot gun they have those, sawed off to if that's your desire.  I think they have a special, buy two Mac 10's and you get a free clip.



Tell 'em Uncle Rico sent ya for an extra special discount.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cd4mud

The 20ga is the perfect gun for small framed people. It can be used for birds, small game and deer. I prefer an auto to any pump or single shot for less recoil and ease of operation. The 410ga is a great gun but when target shooting it has a smaller pattern than the 20ga and about the same recoil. Just my experience ;D

dnigels

Quote from: UncleRico on November 05, 2006, 04:51:12 PM
You want to give a girl a gun???

Are you insane?


Give her a hand crafted 8 gauge Browning made in beliguim. I think they're pretty cheap and have a very light kick. I think.

Nice elephant gun!
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

Sleazy_Rider78

Go with the 20 gauge semi auto.  If it has too much kick for her you can always get a recoil reducer, which should make a difference. 
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

450rcrazy

listen to QT she seems to know her guns and being a girl she probably knows best.

qt314nfla

Quote from: 450rcrazy on November 05, 2006, 08:07:19 PM
listen to QT she seems to know her guns and being a girl she probably knows best.

LMAO!!!  I hope ya get that brown stain off your nose before work/school tomorrow.  No target for you. ;D

450rcrazy

QuoteLMAO!!!  I hope ya get that brown stain off your nose before work/school tomorrow.  No target for you.


ahhh was it as good for you as it was for me. I havent even seen a high school in 15 years when I got out i never looked back, but work sucks just as bad!

Fox17

the problem is gun shows and bass pro dont let you test shoot them. she wants a gun that dont have that much recoil. i say a 12 ga. is fine but..... we will prolly get it from a gun show or bps. i looked for a .410 and a 28 ga. and there werent many to choose. she is gonna try my 20 ga. again and see if one will work. it kicked a lil harder today cause i was usin bad to the bone loads in it. i use 3 inch mags for huntin.  ;D she wants camo too. not blued or wood or synthetic.  ??? it will be for recreational shootin and hunting occasionally. prolly only deer and turkey.

ima gonna be getting a 30-06 or a 7mm soon so that will be cool. i can take the kick but i dont like the sound is all. o well. we will see. thanks for the info.


o yea rico, the 8 ga. is a good dea but she wont try to shoot one.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com