Global Warming

Started by MadMudder, November 04, 2006, 03:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you belive about GW

Its a major problem and were all gonna die
Its a concern for future generations
Dont really care
Its a bunch of crap

MadMudder

Well, since the hunting debate, we havent had any good debates in a while. Lets hope this one doensnt get as bad as the latter thought. Anyway just wanted some view points. I found it funny that this hurricane season was so inactive yet the global warming didnt go away... Thoughts anyone...?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Fox17

well i dont even know what it is so i vote i dont care.

Ida_Mann

ooohhhh, I know how to fire it up.  >:D

Global warming is George Bush's fault,,,,this is why it was not a big deal this year because GWB was too busy trying to discover WMD's and more oil for the washington fatcats over in Iraq that he forgot to raise the global temperature a few degrees and send another ginormous hurricane to wipe out poor brown people.

that should do it,,,,,,,popping the top on a beer now and sitting back.

sorry Rico, beat ya to it ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

HondaATC

I think the whole idea is ridiculous. So we have about a 100 years worth of weather monitoring history and we're able to make "accurate" predictions of the climate cycles of a planet and ecosystem that has been existing for millions of years? Just a volcanic eruption does more damage to the o-zone layer then all the humans combined could ever do in hundreds and hundreds of years. Global warming is a ridiculous idea promoted by tree huggers and environmentalists in an attempt to severely restrict and eventually totally remove the internal combustion engine from civilization.
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

MadMudder

Well, it looks like were on the same page here... :N
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Fox17

well if the tree huggers are involved thats why i dont care. i hate them sorry losers. i vote we take the exhaust off all our cars to piss them off.

#26YFZ

doubt you'll be able to raise a debate on this subject....seems we all think the same way lol

Ida_Mann

Quote from: #26YFZ on November 04, 2006, 04:47:52 AM
doubt you'll be able to raise a debate on this subject....seems we all think the same way lol

allrighty,,,,GO GATORS!!!

hows about that?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

#26YFZ

uhh right about now you might not get too much on that subject either.... seems that miami and florida state came down with the bird flu or something?  :-\

eldiablo64

come on guys everybody knows global warming is caused by atv's        and that north korea detonated the nuke underground becauae of concerns about global warming geeeez don't you guys watch the news!LMAO                                     
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

MadMudder

Quote from: #26YFZ on November 04, 2006, 05:15:46 AM
uhh right about now you might not get too much on that subject either.... seems that miami and florida state came down with the bird flu or something?  :-\
Actually I think your thinking about Suckitis for Florida State and Our entire team is banned for a fight itis for miami. Anyway if you voted for the first 2 options then tell us why. This is boring... :'(
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

otto

Global warming is total BS. It is junk science that is being hyped for political ends.   

Check out http://www.junkscience.com/

Michael Crichton's book, "State of Fear", while fiction, puts it all in perspective. Crichton also wrote "The Andromeda Strain", "Jurassic Park", etc. (in case you didn't already know).   
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

Bigscrb15

al gore said global warming is real so it must be real!!!!!!!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

otto

After all, he did invent the internet. ;)
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

Fox17

how bout we (Gators) are locked in the SEC championship. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadMudder

Quote from: otto on November 05, 2006, 02:24:13 AM
After all, he did invent the internet. ;)
I thought it was the "internets"?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

UncleRico

I voted A.) NOT because it's a major concern, but WE are all going to die. Everyone here, everyone you know, every human being is going to die. So at least we've got that going for us. (Except me, I'm different, I'm special I'll never die, I have a special agreement with God.)

Weather is a cyclical event in the short term. The earth has been warming since the completion of the last Ice Age...it's constantly warming. (At least for now anyway).

Scientists do not posess the datum to accurately report on the long term effects of global warming, so they must use modeling and theory to make their points. (This of course is not due to the scientists being lazy, it's just our "written and recorded meterological infomration" doesn't go back over 1000 years.) Just look at the hurricane predictions of earlier this year and how wrong they got it...although I do remember a guy who posts on this forum saying that FLORIDA would not be hit by any major hurricanes this year. (Who was that guy...we need to find that thread)

I'm not sure what the impact of industrialized civilization is on the earth's temperature, nor am I convinced that curbing emissions and the outlawing of flurocarbons is going to make a difference, since we don't have any long term datum to compare it to.  The fact is that humans are like parasites living off their host, in this case the earth, and most things we do have a negative inmpact.


To sum it all up, we need to work to have a more symbiotic realtionship with the earth and less of a parasitic relationship not only with regards to weather, but all things in general.

At the very least, it would make for positive impact, and decrease the negative impact.


Unless of course you believe in God and this is all part of his plan, then it's out of our hands.


Next week....WHAT WE CAN DO TO KEEP THE SUN FROM BURNING OUT.







UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

450rcrazy

I wonder if every time we send a rocket into space (shuttle ,satalite ,space station ,mars observer) if that does not hurt the ozone worst than anything? :-\

americanhighlander

#18
You guys are funny..LOL

I don't care if it warms up North central Florida and florida panahandle
So we can have less flu seasons here maybe we can grow more pineapples
in near future. LOL  :)

Who cares about global warming it just all talked,I don't care if El ninio hits here..LOL
J/K
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

MadMudder

Ill take what Rico said for 500.... ;D
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..