This site is starting to remind me of the classified section of a newspaper

Started by 450rcrazy, November 02, 2006, 11:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

I even wear a full face motorcycle helmet when I take a  shower (Close your eyes and visualize that, or do I need to post THAT picture).

I like to be safe at all times. Plus, I'm like a 3 year old at an easter egg hunt, I fall down alot.


UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

xr100racer

im not gonna express my views toward the helmet thing but the FOR SALE section should not be messed with. do you all think that if someone isnt allowed to post there they will immediatly join discussions on preserving out sport? your gunna get a bunch of people leaving the site for too many rules. seems to me that there is very strong political agenda that affects everything we do on here. i have sold 1 dirtbike and bought 2 atvs from listings on this site. there are some good deals sometimes, the for sale section helps people get into the sport. thats where you start in this sport right? you have to have an atv or dirt bike. making it only for contributing members will preety much end the possibility of any one finding anything for sale on here.

mrbones

If someone thinks I frantically review every posted photo looking for helmetless riders, that's not the case. Not all posted photos are reviewed by myself or moderators. That is why one may be deleted and another may not. If it is reported to us, it gets reviewed and possibly deleted. I can't remember the last time one was reported. I really don't make a big deal about it. As with any questionable content, you have the option of reporting it to the mods for review.

You have a right to choose what you want to wear unless you go to a riding area with certain rules. Freedom of choice is a good thing. This site promotes safe riding and a positive image for ATV riders and this typically involves wearing safety gear.

If someone is reviewing the Photo Gallery or any other section and sees "[attachment deleted by admin]", 100% of the time this is because every few months or so I have to delete attachments older than 90 days or 120 days, it all depends on the server space and bandwidth usage at the time. If I were to remove a post with a questionable attachment, I would remove the entire thread and you wouldn't see that message. If you want your pics to be on the site for long than that, you'll have to host it on another server. Contributing Members do have the option to post to a photo gallery that is not deleted over time. Here's a link to that, http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery

The classifieds section is free and that's the way it will stay for personal ads weither it's your first post or 1000th post.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

xr100racer

cool, ive never seen the photo gallery. good to hear about the for sale section

mrbones

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You can post just about anything you want on our unendorsed, unpublicized, adult riders only, totally underground and unadulterated sister site that we've comepletely washed our hands of...www.atvflorida*******.com
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

qt314nfla

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!  WTF HAPPENED TO THE FIRST PAGE OF FUN AND ALL ABOUT UNCLE RICO AND HIS VIDEOS.  CAN WE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE SHAKESPEAR SECTION? 

I'LL CALL IT, "TO WEAR A HELMET OR TO NOT WEAR A HELMET."  WHO CARES PEOPLE?  WE ALL HAVE THOUGHTS ON THIS AND WILL ALWAYS DISAGREE!

NOW BACK TO THE MUDDAFREAKIN MOVIE ALL READY IN SESSION........  THIS WEEKS MOVIE?  MUDDAFREAKIN RICO AND DA MUDDAFREAKING HARP SEALS!  DAMIT!

xr100racer


06LimitedPred

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on November 03, 2006, 04:11:48 PM
Anyone who knows me knows my opinion on this. If you ride without a helmet I think you are STUPID.

Anything can happen at any time. If you don't believe that then I feel sorry for you. The wosrt part is the people that have to deal with your bad decission to ride without a helmet. If you are seriously hurt of killed your selfishness and stupidity affects a lot of people. Not to mention the bad press about ATVs. That is my concern. I don't want irresponsible people who don't think about the effects of the actions to ruin my fun. If you want to kill yourself have at it, just don't drag me into it.

I think the deleted pictures without a helmet is a good idea.

You have a very strong opinion, good for you, ummmm did i mention it's YOUR opinion. Attempting to belitte other people that do not share your view does little to further your cause. Just by your user name it's obvious you SHOULD wear a helmet and so do i on my Motorcycle and Predator, i however have a different view concerning my 4x4 and until there's a law that says otherwise i won't be wearing a helmet on it, my choice, my life and btw it's my sport also.... You don't OWN it lol
98 KX125

ananomaly

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

qt314nfla

I'm going to stuff myself into a condom.  It's getting aweful wet and sticky in here.  Too much testosterone and crap, I need protection.

Rico where are you?

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: 06LimitedPred on November 03, 2006, 06:56:53 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on November 03, 2006, 04:11:48 PM
Anyone who knows me knows my opinion on this. If you ride without a helmet I think you are STUPID.

Anything can happen at any time. If you don't believe that then I feel sorry for you. The wosrt part is the people that have to deal with your bad decission to ride without a helmet. If you are seriously hurt of killed your selfishness and stupidity affects a lot of people. Not to mention the bad press about ATVs. That is my concern. I don't want irresponsible people who don't think about the effects of the actions to ruin my fun. If you want to kill yourself have at it, just don't drag me into it.

I think the deleted pictures without a helmet is a good idea.

You have a very strong opinion, good for you, ummmm did i mention it's YOUR opinion. Attempting to belitte other people that do not share your view does little to further your cause. Just by your user name it's obvious you SHOULD wear a helmet and so do i on my Motorcycle and Predator, i however have a different view concerning my 4x4 and until there's a law that says otherwise i won't be wearing a helmet on it, my choice, my life and btw it's my sport also.... You don't OWN it lol

I don't know what post you were reading that I said I owned the sport. I will pause for a second so you can rereview my post.......................................................I said ruin my fun.

When was the last time you saw an ATV accident where the rider died with a helmet on?????

Also as you stated above about my post, this is your opinion.

You know what they say about opinions................they are like butt holes, everyone has one and they usually stink!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dnigels

I put my helmet on when I started reading this thread.  The boss keeps coming by shooting me dirty looks.  I don't know if its the helmet or the fact I'm on the internet when I should be working.

I always wear a helmet when I am clubbing seals also!
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

MuddFreak77

Quote from: dnigels on November 03, 2006, 07:17:42 PM

I always wear a helmet when I am clubbing seals also!

Make sure is a full face helmet, the club spatter from impact can hurt!!!!!   lol
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

JackL

Quote from: MPTonyT on November 03, 2006, 04:11:05 PM
your PASGT will suffice it is a kevlar based helmet. being a military policeman i have run into people wearing them on motorcycles and there is no issue with the PASGT. make sure your chin strap is buckled.

It has saved my life a few times. I probably don't wear it as much as I should though.
On my atc I endoed into a drainage ditch about 5 feet down onto a concrete pipe square
on my head. It certainly made my day to swim out unassisted and ride the rest of the day. :)
I've often wondered about the lack of foam in it though, I guess the web is sufficient.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

550superquad

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on November 03, 2006, 05:48:13 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You can post just about anything you want on our unendorsed, unpublicized, adult riders only, totally underground and unadulterated sister site that we've comepletely washed our hands of...www.atvflorida*******.com.
WHAT THE MAN SAID 8)
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

foreman1

Quote from: 450rcrazy on November 02, 2006, 11:56:32 PM
I click on show unread posts since last visit ,and all I see is things for sale very few post's about talkin $h!t everyone is to busy sellin $h!t .I think it is great we are able to post our things for sale.It just seems that people are selling more stuff ,than talking about advancing our sport or securing new places to ride or about all the fun they had riding on their last outing. 

When things get slow around here ,bring up controversial subjects like ... ???.
This thread was on fire last night ha ha.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

450rcrazy

QuoteTHIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!  WTF HAPPENED TO THE FIRST PAGE OF FUN AND ALL ABOUT UNCLE RICO AND HIS VIDEOS.  CAN WE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE SHAKESPEAR SECTION? 

I'LL CALL IT, "TO WEAR A HELMET OR TO NOT WEAR A HELMET."  WHO CARES PEOPLE?  WE ALL HAVE THOUGHTS ON THIS AND WILL ALWAYS DISAGREE!

NOW BACK TO THE MUDDAFREAKIN MOVIE ALL READY IN SESSION........  THIS WEEKS MOVIE?  MUDDAFREAKIN RICO AND DA MUDDAFREAKING HARP SEALS!  DAMIT!

I agree .And thank you bones for continuing to provide an open forum for us all.

CABLEGUY1


1FasterBlaster

<~~~Wears a nice pretty red helmet.And sells stuff on the for sale section!!

cheropride

Quote from: QT314 on November 03, 2006, 05:53:10 PM
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!  WTF HAPPENED TO THE FIRST PAGE OF FUN AND ALL ABOUT UNCLE RICO AND HIS VIDEOS.  CAN WE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE SHAKESPEAR SECTION? 

I'LL CALL IT, "TO WEAR A HELMET OR TO NOT WEAR A HELMET."  WHO CARES PEOPLE?  WE ALL HAVE THOUGHTS ON THIS AND WILL ALWAYS DISAGREE!

NOW BACK TO THE MUDDAFREAKIN MOVIE ALL READY IN SESSION........  THIS WEEKS MOVIE?  MUDDAFREAKIN RICO AND DA MUDDAFREAKING HARP SEALS!  DAMIT!

What he said....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

qt314nfla


JayDawg

Quote from: UncleRico on November 03, 2006, 01:05:55 AM
Chero, if you want a good laugh, go to the Hasidic Jew site I post on, and look under my thread...I posted that "Is it possible that hitler was just misunderstood, and that the Holocaust was just a giant Freudian cry for help, in hindsight?"

The head Rabbi banned me forever.

It's somewhat humorous

Well now you have gotten my curiosity up. What is the web site?
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

450rcrazy


blupits04

You know I think everyone on this damn post is cracked out. I have never seen more lil babies in one room crying about this or that... And I have 3 kids! And as for Rico he is just a pansy he could never hurt a baby harp seal he doesn't have the Cojones to do anything. He's scared to go riding with a nice proper group like the CTM crew. We have NEVER done anything out of line while riding we're like a bunch of nuns out there.  8) Anyway I list on the for sale page and pretty much any where else I think I can stir up some trouble  :-* did I mention Rico is going to be the first transvestite to have a baby?

Gotta love freedom of speech lol

And to those who wanna take me serious I WAS JUST JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]