Okeechobee Prarie??

Started by Patriot, October 31, 2006, 12:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

I have been hearing mixed information about the prarie.  Has anyone been out there?
Is it open?  Thanks for the information.

MATT1969


Bigscrb15

I believe it is open if you own land out there. If you don't own land I am sure it would be considered tresspassing.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cheropride

Yep, alot of things have changed there.  Can't blame anyone actually, too many accidents and then you had people that where riding on like pevine, at all hours of the night, so the residents called the sheriff.  I also heard to not to long ago, there was an actual murder out there.  A friend of our has 5 acres, and the same guy that broke into his camp and others, actually shot an older guy that lived out there.  I heard it was pretty messed up. 

The last time we went out there, the sheriff office was out there deep. They really won't let you ride anywhere. He caught us down by the (what we call the catfish hole - south end) and basically told us, to leave, no more riding.  He was really nice about it, but told us about everything going on, and how some one was actually suing the caquina water mgmt after crashing down by the catfish hole, so they were closing if off to everyone....

So I would say, it's pretty much down there...  People ride, get hurt, then they sue, so then it closes....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com