Had to pull the shoutbox....:((

Started by mrbones, October 01, 2006, 12:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

As I'm sure a lot of you had noticed, the sent ran out of bandwidth around 1:30am this morning. I checked it out and the shoutbox had increased the bandwidth from avg 30gb a month to 80gb!

I went up to Ocala for the ONFA ride and didn't get back until now. Had a great time. I will post more on that later. But for now, I had to fix the site and get it going again.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

FishaHallic

With the shout box now it seems to take longer for my pages to load, am I the only one to notice that?  It was nice meeting you Mr Bones at ride this AM.

CABLEGUY1

I never used the shout box so I can't comment on whether it was cool or not but my computer seemed to go alot slower on this site and sometimes freeze up since the shout box was brought back.I wasn't sure if it was my PC or if it was from the shout box but I only had problems on this site so I would assume it was attributed to the shout box. Oh well.Just glad to be back on the site and running smooth again.

foreman1

 I got the exceeded bandwith notice all day .

Thanks for fixin it ,
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

JayDawg

How much band width would a wisper box take up? :dunno.gif
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

gearhead400

Mr. bones is gone for ONE DAY and look what happens! lol jk it was nice meeting you bones!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

SpringHill Riderz

That sucks.  But at the same time im glad cause that shoutbox was annoying.  The times it refreshed was crazy.

Ida_Mann

that's it, Mr. Bones is no longer allowed to ride ever again,,,,sell the quads and stay home dude.

nice seeing people out there yesterday.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Paul_S

#8
Quote from: Ida_Mann on October 01, 2006, 02:33:30 PM
that's it, Mr. Bones is no longer allowed to ride ever again,,,,sell the quads and stay home dude.

nice seeing people out there yesterday.

Id@
Ha ha good idea. By the way,  thanks for the goggles, I gave them to a guy on a black sport that was on the 2nd ride with us - he said he lived around the corner from you. If you don't get them back (I am sure you will), let me know and I will buy you a new set.

It was great to meet you, bones and everyone else.

Ida_Mann

you know I forgot about that,,,,,I'm sure I'll get them back.

just let the guy know to get a hold of me,,,,those goggles are my daughters and she wants to ride next weekend ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

qt314nfla

I just got home and almost had a heart attack that the shout box was gone.  Oh well, I had a blast using it while it lasted.  Hopefully another can be found that doesn't exceed the bandwith.  Yes it did slow down the forum and caused it to lock up.  Small price to pay for the laughs I had there.

Ida- As for your goggles call tripyn or how ever he spells his screen.  He's got them. 

I can't believe I didn't get a chance to meet some of the other members out there. :'(

Captain The Morgan

Would the chat room be an option to replace the shout box?

I really like being in that box.


Tripyn

Thank god for Mr.Bones!  That is two times he has saved the day, one with that trusty GPS (it was really cool-I need to get one of those) and for the site being here today!   

On a serious note-If I did not thank you for the site the other day, I appreacaite having it and I know how much work and an expense it can be. 

QT-what a great guess on the nick.....it is Mr.Tripyn but close enough! (long story on the nick-too much LSD in school-HA!)  ::)

MachineDog

I think a chat room is alot better of an idea because it does not work with refreshing and instead uses IRC. However, I doubt the box showing how many members are in the chat will ever work.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

mrbones

#14
I'm testing out a new shoutbox on www.atvflorida*******.com. This site is for mature adults only, btw.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

qt314nfla

bump ppl this is what we wanted over there.

Sleazy_Rider78

Sweet, an uncensored shout box.  I'll be over at the other site if you need me.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]