Members please read. Need your help

Started by Thrumud, October 19, 2006, 02:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Family needs help,

Click below for video

http://www.abc-7.com/articles/readnews.asp?articleid=9355&z=2&p=

Help with what ever you can.

Colonial Bank
9090 Daniels Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33912
US   Branch: (239) 225-4500




[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

UncleRico

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

yunt2ride

Thrumud, Do you have a paypal account we could donate to and then you can deposit it in the account a colonial bank for atvforida members. Probably would get more donations and be a lot easier for us.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Paul_S

Quote from: yunt2ride on October 19, 2006, 11:48:19 AM
Thrumud, Do you have a paypal account we could donate to and then you can deposit it in the account a colonial bank for atvforida members. Probably would get more donations and be a lot easier for us.
I agree, I will paypal a donation if you get this set up.

Thrumud

Quote from: yunt2ride on October 19, 2006, 11:48:19 AM
Thrumud, Do you have a paypal account we could donate to and then you can deposit it in the account a colonial bank for atvforida members. Probably would get more donations and be a lot easier for us.

Yes I do, but how do I set it up ?  Need help with set up !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

yunt2ride

I think all you need to do is post your email that you use for your pay pal and people with paypal can donate that way. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in to be positive.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

cheropride

Could we ask Mr. Bones, if something could be done through ATVFLORIDA and make it as a "gift from the Members of ATVFLORIDA?  I don't mind mailing it, but we may get more response if we do it through the website?  Say give about a 2-3 day window and then have Mr. Bones pass it on to the bank.  Of course, that's up to Mr. Bones.....

I'll check back on thread, and if no response, or can't be done, then I will just mail directly to the bank.

At any rate, thanks so much for the information.   :'(
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

banana-man

OMG, that's terrible!  Our thoughts and prayers will be with the victims.  I would make a donation as well.  Thurmud, was it your family that was involved?  What happened?

Thrumud

Quote from: cheropride on October 19, 2006, 04:34:12 PM
Could we ask Mr. Bones, if something could be done through ATVFLORIDA and make it as a "gift from the Members of ATVFLORIDA?  I don't mind mailing it, but we may get more response if we do it through the website?  Say give about a 2-3 day window and then have Mr. Bones pass it on to the bank.  Of course, that's up to Mr. Bones.....

I'll check back on thread, and if no response, or can't be done, then I will just mail directly to the bank.

At any rate, thanks so much for the information.   :'(

Chero,  Thank you so much for your help.  That would be a great idea.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: banana-man on October 19, 2006, 04:48:45 PM
OMG, that's terrible!  Our thoughts and prayers will be with the victims.  I would make a donation as well.  Thurmud, was it your family that was involved?  What happened?

No it wasn't - I had just met the father and his son at the location a few hours before the incident.  I was next to the father holding his son. The one that past away.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Mr. Bones if you could help with an easier way to donate the families would really appreciate it.

Thanks 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

mrbones

I think it would be easiest to donate to the resources already setup.

From the article: "If you would like to help the Sullivan and Flint families, you can make a donation at any Colonial Bank in care of Wesley Sullivan and Kyle flint." It sounded like it was setup as a charitable, tax deductible donation, but they should be contacted to be sure (it doesn't really matter if it is or isn't, but if it is, a tax break could allow you to donate even more money.)

Someone should call the bank and get a mailing address to send donations and get details.

If paypal was used, they take 3% of everything sent in. It sounds like this family needs every cent so lets leave paypal out of it.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

UncleRico

You can just go to any colonial bank branch and tell them you wish to donate to the fund set up for the Sullivan Family and the Flint Families.

The girl behind the counter knew exactly what I was talking about, so I don't know if they get a memo or mention it in a meeting, but it was no problem.


Here is a link to find the branch closest to you.

http://www.colonialbank.com/?id=4280
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

cheropride

Mailed my donation today.....

Called the bank and they said just make the check payable to Colonial Bank, and on the reference line indicate:  The Sullivan & Flint Fund.

Thanks for the information Mr. Bones & Thrumud.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

miamigirlrider

 

My prayers along with www.atvmiaxtreme.com are with the family and friends of the Sullivans and the Flints. May God be with you all.

As for our fellow rider and new friend Kyle, I wish I would have had the pleasure of riding with you buddy. Your an angel now.

Please everyone, I am a mother myself and I cannot even imagine what these people are going thru lets reach into our pockets and donate whatever we can. ANYTHING makes a difference.

I will be collecting from our crew here.

Be safe all......  :'(
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg"]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg[/url]

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

cheropride

The service was today, wasn't it.  Can't help but to think what that family is going thru....

bump for the cause.... :'(
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Gato

Miamigirlrider where do send a donation to you say you will collect but need to know where to send it
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Captain The Morgan

Quote from: articcat on October 21, 2006, 11:33:38 PM
Miamigirlrider where do send a donation to you say you will collect but need to know where to send it

You can make your donation at Any Collonial Bank.

Ask for the account number for the Sullivan Fund out of Fort Meyers.