mx tip's

Started by rubicon500kid, October 20, 2006, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubicon500kid

Hey I just started out doing this whole MX thing on my yfz and love it more then any thing!!!!
I never tried it before because I didn't really find any interest in it but the 1st lap I took with my yfz(I just got the yfz and was really the 1st time I ever really road it ) I was  hooked. I have only gone to the track 2 times and im getting the hang of it (I was clearing the doubles and stuff I think its pretty good for my 2nd time on the track and my 2nd time on a new bike)
Now can some one give me some tips on what not to do and what to do?
Thanks.
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

bmd11

Walk the track between motos and look for smooth lines - they are typically the fastest. Find the fastest guy out there and follow him - emulate what he does and that will help. Be sure to stretch out before you race. BREATHE while you're out there... That should help!
Good luck!
BMD
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

arod

 yfz the only way to walk the track (seminole)is if you get there before 9am. after that forget it. what i do is pick a section of the track and practice going through that section repeatedly.i have been practicing turns and turning. you would be surprised how much time is made up per lap in the turns. i will be at seminole this sat. no quad though, still in shop.

hondajohn69

 ;Dconcentrate on getting your suspension set up for your weight and riding ability.power is nothing without control.and know your limits.if there is a jump or something your thinking about clearing but your not sure,DONT DO IT!!!!!GOOD LUCK

rubicon500kid

thanks for the help guys ill keep every thing in mind  the next time i go to the track
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

tony pitts

never follow the fastest guy until you learn control of the quad unless you like pain.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

RTR_380/450R

Quote from: tony pitts on October 21, 2006, 09:32:13 AM
never follow the fastest guy until you learn control of the quad unless you like pain.

I second that!! ;D
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

christianharv

ya same wit me yfz kid

UncleRico

Learn your bike, and know it's capabilities.

Hole shot tip - start in second gear instead of first. Your bike will easily pull second gear. I see way too many beginners starting in first gear.

You should be one of two things...always on the gas, or always on the brakes..never anything else, meaning you should be accelerating to your next breaking point, rather than coasting, breaking, then back on the gas. (This takes time and practice, becasue their is a fine line between riding fast and riding out of control)

SMOOTHNESS = FAST. Stay smooth and relaxed in the saddle, not rigid and tense.

Invest in a stop watch for practice. Time your laps at practice. This will keep you always improving. Plus it breaks up the monotony of just riding practice laps for the sake of turning laps.

Good luck.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com