honda 650 rincon

Started by lukes660r, October 09, 2006, 10:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukes660r

Do the new honda big bore engines have a rev limiter or something like it on them?  I have a 05' rincon 650 that misses in neutral at high rpms.  Also, it stalls alot.  Just idling and touch the gas and it dies.  I told the dealership where I purchased it from and they said that this is normal.  The dealership also told me that when the engines are assembled at the factory that the carb is sprayed with some sort of lubricant to keep out moisture until the atv has 50 hours on it.   My dad has an 04' honda foreman 450 and it doesn't stall and miss at high rpms and it only has 90 hours on it and I don't recall it doing what mine does.  I just want some feed back to see how creditable this is.  If anyone has a similar instance with a new honda let me know.  thanks

Yamaha72

I have never heard of this as being normal, the dealership probably just doesn't want to check the bike out. Definently a problem....
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Mars

The dealer is FOS. Take it somewere else.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

MachineDog

Could be something wrong with the jetting. They do have rev limiters though at high RPM.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.