Another ATV death

Started by Thrumud, October 17, 2006, 12:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

gery350

#1
its a shame.
i was one who never rode with a helmet in my younger days, my son was the one who tought me to ride with one. i guess when your young you have that feeling of invincibility.
my prayers go out to her family.

heres the same link. thru's didint work for me.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/10094154/detail.html
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

UncleRico

In the above article, we find the trifecta of ignorance.

1) No helmets
2) Riding two people on an ATV made for 1.
3) Riding on the street.

I question, if this should even be labeled as an accident, when it seems it's complete negligence.

There was another death in Maine over the weekend, where the driver hit a rock in the center of the trail, and went head first over the handlebars. He was a 50 + male, wearing a helmet. Something like that, I would consider an accident. 

There are inherent dangers in our sport. However, there are steps that should be taken in order to minimize the possibility of these dangers.  For all of our sakes.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cheropride

I live near the area, and I go down that road alot.  I can't believe that someone would actually ride there, it's a very busy road and it's right in front of a Fire Station.  You would think that there would of been some concern with law enforcement.  It's very tragic at any rate, a young life like that.  My prayers go out to the family and friends.  I was curious if anyone on the site knew who the girl was.  According to what saw and heard down here, it appears he was riding on the grass along side the road, hit the curb, lost control and hit a cement power pole.  Apparently, he will make a full recovery.  I wonder in a case such as this, also considering he is an adult, if there would be any charges field.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Loven It

Quote from: cheropride on October 17, 2006, 10:01:35 AM
I live near the area, and I go down that road alot.  I can't believe that someone would actually ride there, it's a very busy road and it's right in front of a Fire Station.  You would think that there would of been some concern with law enforcement.  It's very tragic at any rate, a young life like that.  My prayers go out to the family and friends.  I was curious if anyone on the site knew who the girl was.  According to what saw and heard down here, it appears he was riding on the grass along side the road, hit the curb, lost control and hit a cement power pole.  Apparently, he will make a full recovery.  I wonder in a case such as this, also considering he is an adult, if there would be any charges field.



cheo - the article says he was trying to go up a curb and she flew off the back..the question I ask who should they file charges on.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com