Hare Scramble Quad Scramble Cross Country - Tire Pressures

Started by khooping, October 04, 2006, 08:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khooping

Heading up to the Rattler Hare Scramble this weekend and am trying to get an idea of what kind of tire pressure to run.  Not sure of the terrain there so I was wondering what you guys have been successful in the past with.  I'll be running stock Dunlop Radials on my Z400 in the beginner class.

Thanks

Kevin
Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids

YFZ450-Tampa

I normally use 6psi on front and 5 on rear tires on most of tracks
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

svtbolt04

Quote from: khooping on October 04, 2006, 08:48:11 PM
Heading up to the Rattler Hare Scramble this weekend and am trying to get an idea of what kind of tire pressure to run.  Not sure of the terrain there so I was wondering what you guys have been successful in the past with.  I'll be running stock Dunlop Radials on my Z400 in the beginner class.

Thanks

Kevin



Just to let you know that the Harescrambles series does not offer a Quad beginner class. You will have to run C 0-400,unless you have a bored out motor over 400cc. Make sure you have a Yellow background with black numbers/letter C.


From what I rememeber, The track is hardpacked for the most part, so what YFZ450-Tampa(luis) said should work for anyone.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

khooping

If I run in "C" Class at the Hare Scramble will that prevent me from running beginner class at the Quad Scramble?  I know there are rules about prohibiting moving down in classes.
Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

paul450

if you dont' have beadlocks run 5lbs or over.. if you do  then you can get away with 3-4 lbs.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com