OCALA 9/9/06

Started by Chris505, September 07, 2006, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris505

Anyone heading up this weekend???
We should be riding down by the powerlines on 445 and south along the new trail system (wandering wiregrass trail)....and probably then over to bluesink....
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

1FasterBlaster

I would go, but I have the little one with me.I think I'm going to Avon Park to ride with some friends at a local spot there.Have fun though!!

Tripyn

Chris, I should be up there by about 8:30-Dark Gray F-150 with a silver enclosed trailer parked at the top of the hill on the south side of 445. There should be a handful of us-depends if Remmilants (Brian) and a buddy from work is going.  My g/f missed out last weekend and itch'n to go tomorrow, so it will at least be the two of us.  Wandering grass is a cool trail-they seem to change it almost every weekend; keeps it interesting! 

520r

ill be there , can anyone email me directions to where you will be ,ill be coming down from jacksonville
           thanks 
              Cameron

pywacket1955

Can anyone tell me where to park to ride the Wandering Wiregrass Trail.
Riden the Big Scrub area now I want to do something alittle different.
Please help me out with an answer thanks
Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES

Tripyn

To get to Wandering Wiregrass you park off 445.  445 is on your right of 19 before you get to 573 (where you turn to go to Big Scrub.) There is a sign at 445 for Alexander Springs and it has its own turn lane.  Once on 445 drive till you see the powerlines and you can park on either side.  On your right park on top of the hill and on you left park along the tree line.  On any given weekend you will see where people are parked.  The new trail is on the right side of 445 about 1/4 mile down on your right.  You will see a little marker sticking up to indicate the new trail system.  I know there is a map on the ONF site somewhere, maybe someone can chime in and point you to the map.  Hope all that makes sense!


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com