So, does anyone want to know how the OHV meeting went today?

Started by Thrumud, September 28, 2006, 04:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Anyone ????  The last post about the meeting only got 3 replies.  I just don't want to waste a post.  If I get at least 15 members to reply.... I'll tell ya all about it. 


Hint: there are some parks coming soon ! 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

big-daddy

Dennis, stop playing around or I'll send Rico over there to play with your monkey!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

ScooterB

nope,...............I was there.. let us know about the next county meeting, NPORA will be there to support ya..

Good seeing ya again Dennis :)
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

JackL

Quote from: Thrumud on September 28, 2006, 04:40:54 PM
Anyone ????  The last post about the meeting only got 3 replies.  I just don't want to waste a post.  If I get at least 15 members to reply.... I'll tell ya all about it. 


Hint: there are some parks coming soon ! 


I'd like to hear more since I was getting a root canal during the meeting.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MachineDog

Another vote from me aswell. Share the info on the meeting.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

yunt2ride

I know its not in my area but maybe I could use some information on it when we have a discussion with our commissioners. Tell us about it.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Gamer


Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

bigscrub79

You sir are not very nice, please please please tell us how you did. ;D
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

PLB


SkyHighT100

Alright you tease! You know I want to know, lol... spill it! I did my share of contacting commissioners this morning (and making the list so that everyone knows how to contact thiers).... so PLEASE tell us about the meeting, lol
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Hondabeefast

man....you cant post on here about it and not tell us....LOL  :N
02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R

DRWalum

Sold my quad back in March due to NO areas to ride here in Lee Co.  :-[  :-[  Am very curious to know how you did  :o  :o


                       DR Walum
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

Thrumud

Fine !   

1. Lee County will be opening an OHV Park in Hendry. Yes, Hendry County.  Lee County owns a few sections just across the county line. Everything is a go.  When will the park be ready for the public. Soon, no date yet.  A few ATV enthusiast and I will join the project planner for input next month.

2. In Dade County, there are 10 to 15 potential site for an OHV Park.  Project planner will not disclose where the sites are. They will be coming SOON !

3. The OHV Advisory Committee are in the works to do a 30 sec commercial to promote safe ATV riding PSA (Public Service Announcement ) on local channels throughout the state.  This will educate the public and promote more riding areas.

4. A site was proposed to the committee for a MX / Trail site in Immokalee.  The committee will look into the site.

5. NEXT MEETING .............. JAN 18TH 2007 11am to 3pm in OCALA.  The committee wants to do a HUGE group ride the day before the meeting. 

6. It is possible that by the next meeting we will know the location of the OHV Park in Miami.

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

eldiablo64

cool as of jan.1st. i will have 3 weeks of vacation so I will go to the ocala meeting.and the ride before it
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dreth

Quote from: Thrumud on September 28, 2006, 07:30:07 PM
Fine !   

1. Lee County will be opening an OHV Park in Hendry. Yes, Hendry County.  Lee County owns a few sections just across the county line. Everything is a go.  When will the park be ready for the public. Soon, no date yet.  A few ATV enthusiast and I will join the project planner for input next month.

2. In Dade County, there are 10 to 15 potential site for an OHV Park.  Project planner will not disclose where the sites are. They will be coming SOON !

3. The OHV Advisory Committee are in the works to do a 30 sec commercial to promote safe ATV riding PSA (Public Service Announcement ) on local channels throughout the state.  This will educate the public and promote more riding areas.

4. A site was proposed to the committee for a MX / Trail site in Immokalee.  The committee will look into the site.

5. NEXT MEETING .............. JAN 18TH 2007 11am to 3pm in OCALA.  The committee wants to do a HUGE group ride the day before the meeting. 

6. It is possible that by the next meeting we will know the location of the OHV Park in Miami.






you did good GrassHoppa, now get a meeting on a saturday and you will have more people than they ever imagined.

450rcrazy


Sloth

2009 Polaris 850xp- 28" Zillas, Warn XT30

SkyHighT100

Awesome news... I love the idea of the commercials promoting safer riding. You can definately count me in for the Jan 18th meeting in Ocala... thats less then an hour away, I'll definately take a day off for that, lol. As for the group ride the day before, I get out of work at 2, so I'll definately show up for that as well :) Great job!
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Sleazy_Rider78

That is awesome news.  Thanks for all your hard work, we greatly appreciate it.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

Mars

Thanks for the update.
I spoke to one of the folks from Lee county at the last SFWM meeting. He seemed to have true intrest in the plan.
I could not make the meeting due to deadlines at work................
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Ida_Mann

incredible news, those county commissioners deserve a pat on the back for starting this,,,,,may they serve as an example for the others.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

SkyHighT100

Speaking of pats on the back... I just sent each of the Lee county commissiners a thank you e-mail. Hopefully they will set the bar so the rest of the counties can follow.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Loven It

Great news!! I will have vacation time in January as well. I will be able to make it to the Ocala meeting..look forward to it and meeting some of the members on here as well.

GREAT JOB!!
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

mikeE36


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com