Sand Mountain

Started by WickedBanshee, September 26, 2006, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WickedBanshee

What is going on at SandMountain ? I would like to go ride . When will they open again ?
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: WickedBanshee on September 26, 2006, 11:00:24 PM
What is going on at SandMountain ? I would like to go ride . When will they open again ?

Rumor is...... no..

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Captain The Morgan

I'm hearing BIG GOVERNMENT shut them down for good.

Ride1Rob

Their site is still up but it's been saying the same thing for the last few months now. They still have the title from Quadzilla 2005 series up... it's almost 2007  :-\
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Ride1Rob

I ride a few different spots. Some trails and some MX tracks. Every now and then we sometimes head up to Ocala and ride the forest. What type of riding are you into?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

535banshee

sand drag track will be open soon come out and play

debatethis

Has anyone tried calling? I know it usually takes them a while to answer, but I've gotten through to the owner a few times. I'll give a call tomorrow if I can. I'll miss that place if they don't open back up.
The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !

#74 crf250r

Quote from: debatethis on September 28, 2006, 08:44:28 PM
Has anyone tried calling? I know it usually takes them a while to answer, but I've gotten through to the owner a few times. I'll give a call tomorrow if I can. I'll miss that place if they don't open back up.
let us know if you here anything new, thanks.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

tat2mike

hoosier tires and some flattrackin  just my 02
Formally tecatemike

debatethis

Tried calling  and the number listed on their site is out of service  :(
I sent them an email to see if they're opening again or not. Will let you know what I hear.


Cain
The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !

dreth


HondaATC

Is this all from that one neighbor that kept giving them problems?
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

#74 crf250r

Published Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Speedway Running Out of Time for Permit

By Suzie Schottelkotte
The Ledger

FORT MEADE -- The owners of Sand Mountain Speedway in Fort Meade are running out of time to get the permit they need to stay in business.

About six months ago, a Polk County hearing officer gave Dale Dierks nine months to get a conditional-use permit for the speedway. It usually takes about four months to navigate that process, said Don Boccaleri, development services coordinator with the county's planning department.

He's down to about three months now.

"If they came in right now and submitted an application, it would be very difficult for them to get through the process in three months," he said, "and if they've turned something in already, nobody has seen it."

Dierks didn't return a reporter's telephone calls for comment.

If he doesn't have his conditional use permit by May 18, the county could begin fining Dierks $150 a day or take steps to shut down the motorcycle speedway.

Neighbors are hoping for the latter option.

"You should try standing about a block away from a racetrack and try to carry on a conversation," said Jimmy Davis, who lives across U.S. 17 from the speedway. "That's what it's like in my backyard every weekend. And it's not like we moved in here knowing that we were building next to a speedway. We were here first."

The county's code enforcement department initially cited Dierks and his wife, Mary Ann, last June for code violations. The property where Sand Mountain Speedway is located, at 1980 U.S. 17 along Fort Meade's southern boundary, is zoned for agriculture/rural residential use, which doesn't include a raceway.

To come into compliance, the Dierks must apply for a land-use review and get approval for the racetrack.

They had until July 22 to take action, but they never did. Dierks said last summer that he tried to talk to county officials about it, but got a different answer every time he raised the question.

So when the July deadline rolled around, he closed the track voluntarily.

The Dierks went before a county hearing officer Aug. 18 for the code enforcement violation. At that time, Hearing Officer Tiffany Trussell allowed them to reopen the speedway and gave them nine months, until May 18, to get their conditional-use permit.

The speedway reopened in October, but so far the Dierks have done nothing toward getting their permit.

County Attorney Joe Jarret said it's not common for property owners to ignore an opportunity to get a conditional-use permit.

If nothing has been done by May, the county can seek an injunction through Polk Circuit Court to close the speedway, or take the issue before the Code Enforcement Board to begin imposing fines.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

debatethis

That sucks! Maybe we should all email sand mountain with our support. Hopefully they will get the permit and stay open, but at this point I doubt it.
The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !

#74 crf250r

I called the owner dale on his cell and left him a message. but i noticed they switched there last closed day on there website from sept 31st to oct 15th, so i think the owners really trying to get the track reopened. but ill let everyone know if i hear anything new.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

dreth

Quote from: #74 crf250r on October 01, 2006, 06:35:44 PM
I called the owner dale on his cell and left him a message. but i noticed they switched there last closed day on there website from sept 31st to oct 15th, so i think the owners really trying to get the track reopened. but ill let everyone know if i hear anything new.


thanks

Two-Fast Yfz 450

That was a great track when you get any information please tell us so we can start racing agian.
Yfz 450 Elka all the way around Houser +2 A-Arms
Slow Warrior
Z-400

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com