Street Legal...

Started by FordForever, September 24, 2006, 06:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FordForever

I know its not an ATV but its only $1179 delivered to your house...You can put a tag on it and ride it anywhere you like...And if your a true rebel you could drill out the exhaust and wake up some of them yuuppies that call the cops on you. If a harley can be loud, so can you.  >:D

How come these guys can ride around on them 3 wheeled custom motorcycles and we cant ATV?
One of the arguments I have heard is the differential problem? If they can custom build a 3 wheeled motorcycle cant we custom build an ATV?

Splatt

maybe it's just me but what is it?  I don't see anything...
-05 Kawasaki KFX400

snowmanzz13

yeah i feel both of you, i don't see what your selling, and you can actually have a street legal quad, there is a guy in pompano who has a white one and he is constantly riding it around, just lenghtned and widened and had all the signals, and horn and everything installed and he got it street legal
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

svtbolt04

BMW makes a engine for a street quad, it costs roughly 50k. But it looks freaking sweet.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

snowmanzz13

Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 25, 2006, 12:02:57 AM
BMW makes a engine for a street quad, it costs roughly 50k. But it looks freaking sweet.

if you buy me that motor, i'll make myself a street quad, lol ;D
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

FordForever

Sorry, Im not selling anything I have no affiliation with this site. I did not post the link in my first post.

http://www.scooterdepot.us/details.asp?ProductID=168

So you can "make" a street legal ATV?

MachineDog

ATVs are *not* designed for high-speed manuevering like a car or motorcycle is. You'd have more accidents and possible deaths than anything else. The only vehicles I can see being able to maneuver like that would be the 450 sport bikes and such, and really I'd only want to try it with that LT-R 450's super-wide SRA. It requires incredible engine power to run at 70mph constantly and comfortably, personally I'd never do it. However I'd be very interested in making a utility vehicle street legal. Does anyone know if that's possible?
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

FordForever

Quote from: MachineDog on September 25, 2006, 11:23:36 AM
ATVs are *not* designed for high-speed manuevering like a car or motorcycle is. You'd have more accidents and possible deaths than anything else. The only vehicles I can see being able to maneuver like that would be the 450 sport bikes and such, and really I'd only want to try it with that LT-R 450's super-wide SRA. It requires incredible engine power to run at 70mph constantly and comfortably, personally I'd never do it. However I'd be very interested in making a utility vehicle street legal. Does anyone know if that's possible?

You mean like a ryhno?

Yamaha72

http://www.gg-quad-northamerica.com/

Heres the website for the BMW quad. Pretty sweet, 1130cc BMW motor....
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

MachineDog

That is a nice quad, those are designed for roads like I said.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

xr100racer

machine dog - i would rather ride a 450 quad over a street legal trike for safety any day. im sure there would be more deaths with street legal quads becuase everybody and their brother would be throwin tags on their bikes and terrorizing the streets. the sound of all the banshess catwalking up and down the street would give me headach. you dont hear about any accidents on thoses trikes because its all old farts cruisin around on sundays with them. and a street leagal utility, now that would be dangerous. my buddys got a 500 foremen and you have to slow down to like 5mph to make a turn on pavement. i got a blaster and fly around corners on pavement all the time. its a little scary, but with a 450 you could make any corner that a car would typically take, granted you would always have to be extra careful, but thats why theyll never be street legal is because no ones careful and everyone would die

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com