Jasper Fl. Cross Roads Motorplex Motel/Campground Info and Directions

Started by HillKiller, September 19, 2006, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

   Cross Roads Motorplex Jasper*, Fl.    http://crossroadsmotorplex.com

Link to pictures of track   http://www.ranlayracing.com/999crossroadsdirt.htm

WADE MURPHY
TRACK  386-938-1228
HOME    386-938-3481

DIRECTIONS TO TRACK:
EXIT 460 OFF I 75 GO WEST ON STATE RD 6 FOR 4 1/2 MILES.
THE TRACK IS ON THE LEFT

GATES OPEN AT 4 PM
PRACTICE AT 5 PM
RACING AT 7 PM

CAMPERS ARE ALLOWED TO STAY OVERNIGHT BUT NO HOOKUPS

Days Inn Jasper
(386) 792-1987
8182 State Road 6 W
www.daysinn.com

*Please note: The track is at the Jasper exit but is located in Crossroads, Fl. 4 1/2 miles west of I-75.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Skully

Is it just me.....Or does that track look like a dirt Martinsville? I'm thinking it's going to take a hard compound tire, judging from how black the groove is.

Very nice looking facility, and thanks for the info Dave!
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

HondaATC

Just curious but how many laps do you guys usually run in the heats?
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

HillKiller

8 laps in the heats
15 laps in the Main/Feature

Yes it may work better with a harder compound. I ran an RD12 at similar tracks and it feathered the tires with only one race but those black groove tracks have SOOOO MUCH GRIP! The G's in the corners are a challenge and if you are getting your bike sideways you just might be doing something wrong  ;)
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

HondaATC

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

Ride1Rob

Was supposed to come up with Dreth and Wayne for the race. Saw that track and...  :-\  . Is that asphalt with clay over the surface? Don't think I'll be trying to learn flat track racing on that :no  . Besides, 2 weeks ago Momma,(aka Wifey) told me I was going to church with her and the kids. Forgot all about that :o
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

HillKiller

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 20, 2006, 01:13:29 AM
Was supposed to come up with Dreth and Wayne for the race. Saw that track and...  :-\  . Is that asphalt with clay over the surface? Don't think I'll be trying to learn flat track racing on that :no  . Besides, 2 weeks ago Momma,(aka Wifey) told me I was going to church with her and the kids. Forgot all about that :o
No not asphalt, just Georgia clay with alot of rubber laid down....makes them tires bark like a dog!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

1fastltr450

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 20, 2006, 01:13:29 AM
Was supposed to come up with Dreth and Wayne for the race. Saw that track and...  :-\  . Is that asphalt with clay over the surface? Don't think I'll be trying to learn flat track racing on that :no  . Besides, 2 weeks ago Momma,(aka Wifey) told me I was going to church with her and the kids. Forgot all about that :o

thtas a good place for you to stay. we would ware you out up there
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

HillKiller

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Ride1Rob

Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 20, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
thtas a good place for you to stay. we would ware you out up there

It's been quite some time since I put a whoopin' on you Grasshoppa :D  . I don't think we need to be on the same track at the same time anyway  :tsktsk.gif
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

ratsrepus

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 20, 2006, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 20, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
thtas a good place for you to stay. we would ware you out up there

It's been quite some time since I put a whoopin' on you Grasshoppa :D  . I don't think we need to be on the same track at the same time anyway  :tsktsk.gif
you wont be puttin a whoopin on anyone in that open class, you can just ride in the back an watch though  :'(
YOURE GONNA LOSE AND I'M GONNA LIKE IT

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

HillKiller

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Ride1Rob

Quote from: ratsrepus on September 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM
Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 20, 2006, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 20, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
thtas a good place for you to stay. we would ware you out up there

It's been quite some time since I put a whoopin' on you Grasshoppa :D  . I don't think we need to be on the same track at the same time anyway  :tsktsk.gif
you wont be puttin a whoopin on anyone in that open class, you can just ride in the back an watch though  :'(

You underestimate me my Lil Yoda looking friend. I'll get accustomed to the style of racing and see if I like it 1st. Will probably be the next race at Thunderbowl though.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

dreth

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 21, 2006, 12:04:54 AM
Quote from: ratsrepus on September 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM
Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 20, 2006, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 20, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
thtas a good place for you to stay. we would ware you out up there

It's been quite some time since I put a whoopin' on you Grasshoppa :D  . I don't think we need to be on the same track at the same time anyway  :tsktsk.gif
you wont be puttin a whoopin on anyone in that open class, you can just ride in the back an watch though  :'(

You underestimate me my Lil Yoda looking friend. I'll get accustomed to the style of racing and see if I like it 1st. Will probably be the next race at Thunderbowl though.



they are all talk Rob! ive seen em ride and its more like little house on the praire :D

01ZX12R

dont under estimate Rob, its just like ridin a bike u never lose it.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Persnickety

Quote from: 01ZX12R on September 21, 2006, 01:30:38 AM
dont under estimate Rob, its just like ridin a bike u never lose it.

   They are all underestimated because not once has a so-called pro rider unseated one of the home track racers in the open class and dont start ranted about winning a heat race cause they dont mean crap cept to get you to the big show, then its for real. What is there to see if you like it? Flat track racing to simple just ask an mx'er  ::)Yoda's gonna carve em a new one and send em to the back to sweep the track ;D Who wants to make a list of names that have come to win a main and have come up short? Come get sum :D

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Johnny Lee Honeker

Quote from: Billy Kataytay on September 21, 2006, 11:25:55 AM
Quote from: 01ZX12R on September 21, 2006, 01:30:38 AM
dont under estimate Rob, its just like ridin a bike u never lose it.

   They are all underestimated because not once has a so-called pro rider unseated one of the home track racers in the open class and dont start ranted about winning a heat race cause they dont mean crap cept to get you to the big show, then its for real. What is there to see if you like it? Flat track racing to simple just ask an mx'er  ::)Yoda's gonna carve em a new one and send em to the back to sweep the track ;D Who wants to make a list of names that have come to win a main and have come up short? Come get sum :D

   i could make alist but it would be pretty long LOL. That Rob guy made that Yoda comment and oh boy he better not ride the open class because them boys will put him in the back for sure now. hey billy, one of those mx guys will probably go race ocala on an off points night and then tell everyone he beat the open guys! :o

Hoosier Daddy

How many people in the league are going on a non points night?
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Scott270r

Quote from: dreth on September 21, 2006, 12:49:19 AM



they are all talk Rob! ive seen em ride and its more like little house on the praire :D

Dreth,

Did you see my yellow 330R in the Open class last Saturday. I am sure I was going a little better than a wagon on little house on the praire. By the way what class are you in? You can come get some, as can any of all of these "Pro" racers that are always so much better than all of us "locals" anytime you want. Still, we are never losing to the "Pro guys". I don't know why so many people want to not give us any respect no matter how many times we prove to be excellent riders time and time again.  ??? ???

Ride1Rob,

Come on out, have a good time and enjoy racing with the finest bunch of guys you will ever get to race with. But if your new to the sport, don't expect to do too well in the beginning, it takes time to get everything working just right, and everything will have to be working well if you plan to be winning the Open class, that class is no joke, come find out for yourself.  8)
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

HillKiller

Quote from: Scott270r on September 21, 2006, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: dreth on September 21, 2006, 12:49:19 AM



they are all talk Rob! ive seen em ride and its more like little house on the praire :D

Dreth,

Did you see my yellow 330R in the Open class last Saturday. I am sure I was going a little better than a wagon on little house on the praire. By the way what class are you in? You can come get some, as can any of all of these "Pro" racers that are always so much better than all of us "locals" anytime you want. Still, we are never losing to the "Pro guys". I don't know why so many people want to not give us any respect no matter how many times we prove to be excellent riders time and time again.  ??? ???

Ride1Rob,

Come on out, have a good time and enjoy racing with the finest bunch of guys you will ever get to race with. But if your new to the sport, don't expect to do too well in the beginning, it takes time to get everything working just right, and everything will have to be working well if you plan to be winning the Open class, that class is no joke, come find out for yourself.  8)

   Well said!  :Clap.gif
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Ride1Rob

Quote from: Scott270r on September 21, 2006, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: dreth on September 21, 2006, 12:49:19 AM



they are all talk Rob! ive seen em ride and its more like little house on the praire :D
Ride1Rob,

Come on out, have a good time and enjoy racing with the finest bunch of guys you will ever get to race with. But if your new to the sport, don't expect to do too well in the beginning, it takes time to get everything working just right, and everything will have to be working well if you plan to be winning the Open class, that class is no joke, come find out for yourself.  8)

Scott, I don't in any way feel like I can come and run with you guys. That'd be absurd! That Rapster (sp) guy said something about running Open Class. I'm more than sure I'd get my arse handed to me. I was basically telling him that I needed to learn that style of racing first. And if he himself is not running the Open Class... I think maybe he needs to concentrate on the class he's in. I was racing Vet at SM and did pretty well (Alot of 3rd's and 4th's) on a bone stock bike. Quite a bit of those guys were running with built motors.

One thing you guys will NEVER hear me do is take credit away from you guys. But instead of some of your guys encouraging peeps like me to come out and try it, they make statements about being left in the dust in the Open class. WHEN THEY PROBABLY AREN'T EVEN PLACING IN THE INTERMEDIATE THEMSELVES ::)  . Why would I come out and race open and I've never tried FT??? Maybe they (Rapster & Kataytay) say that b/c they don't want to be 8th & 9th place now :P  .

The reason why you guys don't get enough credit is b/c YOU all make the US vs THEM mentallity. Like I said b/f, instead of encouraging peeps to come down and help your place to grow some throw smart comments in on them. Other than Wayne, Dreth, Gary and Tim Scisson, no one up there knows how I ride. And judging on how they placed, I'd be ahead of quite a few of guys in the intermediate class for sure :deal.gif.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Quad32x

Just come on out Rob. Its alot of fun and lots of great people.  ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Scott270r

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 21, 2006, 09:06:16 PM

Scott, I don't in any way feel like I can come and run with you guys. That'd be absurd! That Rapster (sp) guy said something about running Open Class. I'm more than sure I'd get my arse handed to me. I was basically telling him that I needed to learn that style of racing first. And if he himself is not running the Open Class... I think maybe he needs to concentrate on the class he's in. I was racing Vet at SM and did pretty well (Alot of 3rd's and 4th's) on a bone stock bike. Quite a bit of those guys were running with built motors.

One thing you guys will NEVER hear me do is take credit away from you guys. But instead of some of your guys encouraging peeps like me to come out and try it, they make statements about being left in the dust in the Open class. WHEN THEY PROBABLY AREN'T EVEN PLACING IN THE INTERMEDIATE THEMSELVES ::)  . Why would I come out and race open and I've never tried FT??? Maybe they (Rapster & Kataytay) say that b/c they don't want to be 8th & 9th place now :P  .

The reason why you guys don't get enough credit is b/c YOU all make the US vs THEM mentallity. Like I said b/f, instead of encouraging peeps to come down and help your place to grow some throw smart comments in on them. Other than Wayne, Dreth, Gary and Tim Scisson, no one up there knows how I ride. And judging on how they placed, I'd be ahead of quite a few of guys in the intermediate class for sure :deal.gif.

Well put Rob. Like I said before, this really is the coolest bunch of guys I have ever raced with. I just met these guys 6 months ago, so they welcomed me with open arms and my teammate Derek (Derek330) as well. Come on up to Jasper this weekend if you can make it, there should still be about 25 quads there, so it should some good racing. I ride a Yellow 250R, you can't miss me its the only one out there like it, come say what's up, I'd like to put a face to the screenname.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com