Nascar to expand it's demographic.

Started by UncleRico, September 16, 2006, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

In an agressive attempt to expand it's demographic, Nascar is going to bring up two drivers in '07 of African American heritage. One of those drivers is Kelvin Jeffers.

In a bold move, Nascar will be bringing back the #3 car for the opening race for Kelvin Jeffers, a 21 year old Rookie from Huntsville, Alabama.  Jeffers team has already secured sponsorhips for the entire year, the chief sponsorship being provided by Popeye's Chicken and Dewalt. Nascar will be giving out blocks of tickets on "urban" radio stations to increase fan attendance by non typical fans. (I'm gonnna start listening to the hip hop station to see if I can win these bad boys)

How do you feel about this?

I think it's awesome for our sport.



I think it's great for our sport.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cheropride

#1
Okay Uncle Rico you really think that Nascar would give up the #3, I just can't see that happening.  I mean come on Earnhart was the Master of Nascar. 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Fox17

this is a bunch of crap. they wont bring back the number 3. i think it is false info.

tat2mike

agreed chero  good post  

i do think it is good for the sport though

i think the popeyes chicken sponser is funny as hell  8)

but other than that hopefully there isnt alot of close minded people out there gonna raise hell  put that number 3 on the car id say thats about lighting the fuse  
Formally tecatemike

UncleRico

Yeah, that info is from 2004, before the meteoric rise of Kelvin Jeffers from the slums of Huntsville, in the "R.B." projects to the door step of Nascar.

People doubted me when I told them an African American golfer they called TIGER was going to dominate the PGA.


I was at the race in Mississippi and saw Jeffers dominate the competition. He had 21 first place finishes out of 22 starts that season.

This kid is the real deal!

I can't wait to see him in the POPEYE'S CHICKEN #3 car, whoopin up on the field!

Can I get a "For Shizzle, My RedNizzles"?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Southern4x4

no way theyl reuse the number 3,there was a rumor going round after earnhardts death that jr. was gonna use the number 3,do you see that happening i DONT think so.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

BrewsYourDaddy

I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it on Speedweek this morning.

I can't beleive that they would take the #3 out of retirement. They're only doing it for the first race, then I think he's going back to another number.

I even saw two pictures of the new car...one is the Popeye's logo all done up.
The other car is the #3 car for the first race, where the colors are black, red, and green.

It looks like a Jamaican flag. But Jeffers is a good racer, and his younger brother Donquelle is even better, he's only 16 and he dominates the sprint car series.

I think it's good for the sport.  They also said that the opening day pace car driver was gonna be Samuel L. Jackson which I thought was a rather odd choice. I mean why him?

kenz

There was an African American driving last season for a couple of races.  Of all the sponsors for the car it was Waste Management.  Haven't seen or heard of either one of them this season.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

k.p.

im sorry...but i loathe nascar whats so exciting about watching people drive in a circle for an hour and a half?i dont get it

foreman1

#9
Ole' number 3 has been retired for some time now and should remain so.
They'll never be another like him .

Number 3 resurection ... bad idea.

Nascars' mass appeal program ....
Bad idea , those who are true fans will remain so .
Not sure an urban fan base is a good idea , enough with the PC bs. :banghead.gif
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Fox17

Quote from: foreman1 on September 17, 2006, 01:15:49 AM
Ole' number 3 has been retired for some time now and should remain so.
They'll never be another like him .
Number 3 resurection ... bad idea.

Nascars' mass appeal program ....
Bad idea , those who are true fans will remain so .
Not sure an urban fan base is a good idea , enough with the PC bs. :banghead.gif

especially a oriential dude. cant even speak english. bunch of crap.

backwoods boy

last of a dying breed a sport white folks actually dominate in next thang you know there gonna start random steroid testing in nascar :D
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Hoosier Daddy

First off, NASCAR didnt retire the #3, NASCAR owns the number but Childress pays to have rights to it.
He has said very often that the #3 will be kept bt RTR and wouldnt be reused..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

foreman1

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on September 17, 2006, 05:04:35 PM
First off, NASCAR didnt retire the #3, NASCAR owns the number but Childress pays to have rights to it.
He has said very often that the #3 will be kept bt RTR and wouldnt be reused..

Hoosier ,
You're absolutely right ,I stand corrected. :lecture.gif
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

stacktester

Uncle Rico step slowly back from the pipe lol. Childress is indeed holding the # 3 and will have it until he see's fit who drives a car with that number. I think even Jr. would have to have balls to run a cup car with that number. If he did, it would be to honor his dad and not to gain publicity. Like when he used to run Busch cars back in 02 it had a 3 but that was his former number in Busch anyway so it wasn't like he was driving to show off that number. He now owns his own 8 and 88 successful Busch teams so I doubt you will see that 3 car again with him in it. I am not against other ethnics driving in any series because the series sucks anyway with it's new rules and money making tactics. It's not like the old days when the good ol boys ran and gave the fans a good show. It's about $$$$$$ and that's it. If anybody says different they need a reality check. My last thing to say is if anybody runs the 3 they better be real real good or be ready to be boood a lot.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

JayDawg

I'm not sure if I still have it or not but this is actually an old radio bit that is about 3 or 4 years old. They called some redneck up and acted like they were from Nascar and wanted people opinions on the sport. They asked this old redneck how he would feel if they brought back the number 3 car. They then asked how the guy would feel if the driver was from Kenya. The dude totally flipped out and went off on black people and said they need to stick to their owns sports like basketball and otherthings. The dude was totally racist and ever since then the two DJ'S have prank called him for other radio bits on several other occasions. I think their show is called "The Mike and Brian show" and they are out of Oklahoma but I could be wrong? They have another bit where they have a character known as Roy D Mercer who also prank calls people. I have several prank phone calls of his on my computer. The radio bits with him are freakin hysterical.
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

UncleRico

Roy D Mercer? "How big a boy are ya?"...click on the link from the post Jaydawg..that's what the link is for.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

JayDawg

Quote from: UncleRico on September 17, 2006, 09:00:49 PM
Roy D Mercer? "How big a boy are ya?"...click on the link from the post Jaydawg..that's what the link is for.


Oops, my bad. I must have skipped right over it. My wife was talking to me and I guess I didn't do that good of a job of multitasking...  :-[
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

fastrnrik

Will NASCAR allow the Popeye's car to have spinners?

550superquad

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

stacktester

I was wondering how long before the questions of cadillacs and spinners was going to take on this post. LMAO. You gotta thank some of these younger drivers for bringing in the hip hop stuff and that jazz. It's just like everything else, it all comes in full circle.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

eldiablo64

how is a brother gonna drive a race car leanin way over toward the center of the car  where he can barely see over the dash???????and what kind of system will his car have???
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

fastrnrik

I don't think the HANS restraint system will work with the seat laid all the way back.

Seriously though, if they can drive, who cares what color they are?

devildog55

#24
i have no problem with a drivers ethnic background. if you can drive, you can drive. but Popeye's being his sponsor. is he serious, all that gonna do is have black people talk trash about it. and i think if they brought back the #3 about half the south would have brains laying on the ground from everyone head exploding
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

561rincon

i think they should make em earn it if they are just there to go in circles it will be dumb. white black or any color. either be competitive or stay in lil leagues
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com