2003 Kaw 600 dead

Started by singleshot, September 04, 2006, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singleshot

I tried to start my 2003 Pairie 600 this weekend and it seems like the electronics are gong haywire.  When I turn it on the belt, oil, neutral lights and display flashes and nothing hapens when I push the starter button.  It starts on the first pull manually, but it will only idle and stalls is I give it any gas.  It ran fine the last time I used it around the house a couple of months ago.

Does any one have any ideas what might be wrong?
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme

Fox17

maybe the battery but probably not. they go dead after a few months of no use. it should run though. ???

Chuck_Norris

couple things to consider, How long has it been sitting? the battery is definately and option. however I would also pull the bowl on the carbs and clean out the jets. How old is the gas? keep us posted

Fox17

yea the carb might be crapped up inside. good thought. my pastor gave me a honda cx500 custom saturday and it needs the same thing done. does it sound like it is tryin to start?

singleshot

I hooked the battery up to a charger and it says it is fully charged.  The bike starts on the first pull manually so I don't think it is the fuel.  ( I always shut the gas off, drain the carbs and use stabalizer)  When it is running it will only idle and the display and lights keep flashing.  I am thinking it is some kind of computer or elecrical problem.  I am going to take it to the dealer today.
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme