How does this look for a first time welder?

Started by Raiders43, August 13, 2006, 08:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

561rincon

Quote from: backinsaddle on August 15, 2006, 10:03:51 PM
I think 561rincon and I are talking about bracing in different directions.  I'm talking about cross bracing the big square as you look at the back of the jump.  I'd cross brace there, skip a support, and cross brace the next (from one side of the ramp to the other, either an X or an A, X being stronger I would think).  The second support probably isn't necessary, but would give me peace of mind if I built it.  I think 561rincon is taking about bracing the opposite as the brace you have on the last and tallest support.  Run a diagonal up from the bottom before the second tallest brace to where the third tallest attaches to the ramp curve, that's where a lot of the weight transfer will happen.  Don't want to speak for 561rincon, but I think that's what he means? 

Ask one of the quadsonly guys.  They have a ramp(s), I've never built one, so they would probably know better.
yes exactly and also 7018 rod will give the best strength.
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

UncleRico

Well???

WTF? You show us the ramp..get us all hot and bothered and then......................

nothing?

When can we see this thing in action?

I know of a 92' canal that needs jumping!
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

dnigels

MUST OF BUCKLED! Or pray tell they forgot to surface ramp the thing and just hauled buggy right into the works!  Alas, they were good men.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

Raiders43



This is the only picture we took before the battery went dead.  :'( All went well the ramp DID hold up and everyone liked it. Hopefully I will have better pics next weekend.

UncleRico

Wait a minute..I know that construction site.

Where was this picture taken?

That port a john looks familiar.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Raiders43

It's in Dundee, the only job we have with a big enough pile of dirt.

UncleRico

Grab that porta potty with the Lowell put it behind the ramp. Then send me a video of you jumping and crushing it.

I'll edit it into the video....only take some video of someone going into the port a potty first, and then cut the shot, I'll edit it like you're crushing someone in it.


(I wonder if this qualifies as "responsible riding:)
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

koh0001

How much $$$ do you have into this ramp?? I was going to have our stair guy built one for me . But he just gave me a crazy price. So I think we will just build it ourselfs.
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

UncleRico

I think it would be cheaper to make him your new best friend.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

duroc825

Anyone want one built just buy the material and I'd weld her up cheap.

Raiders43

I have about $800.00 into with just material, labor I didn't count because I did it myself and it was kinda fun. But we have three people going in on it so it won't be but around #270.00 apiece.

UncleRico

Is this the first one you've ever jumped?

Was it a little intimidating at first?


Did anyone crash?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Raiders43

We built a big table top out of a pile of clay we had on that same job, and it was pretty big but when the clay was gone for use in the roads we planned on building one we could keep and just move where ever we wanted. The good thing is it will always be the same jump now. Before I would go and spend about an hour with a dozer getting everything smooth and we would ride on it for one day then the locals with utility 4-wheelers would mess the lip up and we would have to start over the next weekend. But other than the local tracks and the clay pile, this is the first metal jump I have ever done, and I have to say I LIKE IT!!

gery350

Quote from: UncleRico on September 04, 2006, 12:42:23 PM
Is this the first one you've ever jumped?

Was it a little intimidating at first?


Did anyone crash?
I dunno, but seeing a z400 jump it looks pretty cool!
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

UncleRico

We should bring that thing to Croom where it's nice and soft and sandy...we could jump up the hill like a step up, as we try out some new tricks...that way when we crash we don't break too many bones. Plus, the hospital is only a short helicopter ride away.


I'll distract them at the gate with my sliding thumb trick, and you sneak by with the GIANT SKY BLUE METAL KICKER jump.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Raiders43

Sounds good! Polk County is slightly closer though.

koh0001

Looks like you guys did a fine job. ;) I think I'm going to have to go this route too. $800 that's not bad for a lifetime of fun. ;D
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com