Here it comes! FTR Quad XC racing!

Started by mudnuri, September 02, 2006, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

I would suggest to anyone who rides but has never done one of these to try the C class first. This might hurt, but 41 would entitle you to the senior class  ??? I know, I am right there, too  :'(
But those guys are fast! It is a safe class to be in for you because if you didn't want to be pressured you can let them leave you and ride alone.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

cubnfrank

Senior class is fine with me. I just want to finish. I'll start looking for a kill switch. Thanks for the tips
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

450rutmaker

thanks for the advice I'll try the C class hopefully this new quad im getting will suit my needs.
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

RAD 450r

Ill be trying the C class too, see you out there
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

450rutmaker

I dont see the decible rule anywhere.   What is  it and how can I tell how loud my quad is? 
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

TRX450R_Racer

It is 96db with a 1.5db room for error, so 97.5 will pass. If you have an aftermarket pipe that isn't specifically designed to be quiet then I can tell you without testing you won't pass.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

svtbolt04

I cannnot wait till this season starts!!!! I am moving up in a class and going to be starting at the bottem like I did last year.. Less than two weeks till we run it!! And a week from the regular harescramble!!!

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 07, 2006, 09:38:23 PM
I cannnot wait till this season starts!!!! I am moving up in a class and going to be starting at the bottem like I did last year.. Less than two weeks till we run it!! And a week from the regular harescramble!!!



I'm with you on that. I haven't raced in 2 years and I'm jonesin to ride since I haven't ridden my quad since the first week in July.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

YFZ450-Tampa

Quote from: cubnfrank on September 07, 2006, 07:45:50 PM
Senior class is fine with me. I just want to finish. I'll start looking for a kill switch. Thanks for the tips

Bring it up Frank you know you will have fun, if you have any questions give me a ring !!!

We are almost there guys, can't wait, a lot of fast riders are moving up to my class, let see how it goes with this kids this year, had a blast last season .
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

jujulo700R

Glad I stll have my stock muffler! I can't wait to see what I can do out there. It should be fun.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

TRX450R_Racer

I tested my DR. D slip-on with my buddy db meter. I have a quiet insert in it and at about what I was guessing was over 3000rpms I was just under 98db. It will be close. I will have my stock silencer if needed.

We can all be in the Senior class together.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

YFZ450-Tampa

I have my HMF repaqued, and I made a quite core from the stock pipe and the HMF one and it sounds really quiet, I feel a lost on power but for the woods it should be fine, I can always take it of if I go to the mx with my friends
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

cubnfrank

Luis, I'll give you a call this weekend.
Frank
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

mudnuri

I have my stock system in and it is quiet. It is all I can do to hold on in the woods!
Wait until you see the kids race. It is cool. They have their own little pee-wee track.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

450rutmaker

Did I read it right? You have to wear MSR or Answer racing gear to particiate!!

07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: 450rutmaker on September 09, 2006, 08:36:43 AM
Did I read it right? You have to wear MSR or Answer racing gear to particiate!!



No you don't. That is only is you want to participate in the points reward program.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

Quote from: 450rutmaker on September 09, 2006, 08:36:43 AM
Did I read it right? You have to wear MSR or Answer racing gear to particiate!!


No. hehehe
It is part of a contingency program. You sign up for it and... heck, I don't really know how it works. I know you get money towards riding gear and stuff. I think only Maxxis doles out cold hard cash and they do not sponsor us. :(  Yet!

There will also be a food vendor there. I understand the cook is VERY good!!  :P
We will be arriving Friday night. Those of you wanting to do the Fun Run can camp both Friday and Saturday if you wanted to.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

well as far as I know, you don't have to be a FTR member toparticipate on the fun run, and is the same track we all race... this will give you the best idea how this HS and QS race is like
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

UncleRico

My pipe sounds like an army of Mexican Landscapers with leaf blowers.


She's a loud one, and I want an exemption in order to race with it. Who do I have to grease for that?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

mudnuri

Unfortunately, loud pipes seem to make people mad when you are having fun. If you are working, people seem to tolerate the noise. Nontheless, if you are over the db level you will be dq'd
You  are right Luis, you do not have to join or be a member to ride Sundays Fun Run.
:P
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

450rutmaker

what all gear/equipment is needed to run this series?

atv
1-kill switch
2-number plate front and back(dont understand the letter thing)
3-under 98 db

person
1-jersey/pants
2-helmet/goggles
3-are boots a must I could have by nov but not 9-23
4-will they allow a under chest protector

Also do they do any title/reg checks

07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

TRX450R_Racer

#46
Some classes have letters attached and some don't.

A chest protector isn't madatory but it is highly recommended.

Boots are required.

No title/reg check.

DB limit is 96 with a 1.5 room for error so 97.5 will pass.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

450rutmaker

well im sending in my reg form tomm. hopefully they will get with me before the race so I will know what #s to order.  I know I need a yellow plate.  Thanks for the quick reply
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

TRX450R_Racer

It will take a week to 10 days to get a number. You might or might not get that information before the race because thay are so busy with a race next weekend and on the 23rd. If you don't know what # you are before the race don't worry, there are vendors at the race that you can buy #s and letters from. Just have your # plates ready with the correct back ground and you can just stick the #s on and go.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

Yeah, and you might not want to send that form by mail. Just join at sign up.
The letter thing is the class you are in. If it is the C class, 0-400 has yellow plates. You will put the letter of your class after your number
Like 48C
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com