Here it comes! FTR Quad XC racing!

Started by mudnuri, September 02, 2006, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

Sept. 23rd is coming QUICK! Who is going?
Who all is on board for the QS series this year?
I know I will be jumping over to the HS series when they race at Gatorback!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

450r91

Im going to do some of them, it should be fun considering i will be running a mx set-up but oh well im just going to put on some tall tires and go for it. Should be pretty interesting on the whole db level, Im probably not going to pass lol

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Brian, you know I'll be there, I'm doing th HS on the 16th to get into the racing mode !!! so by the time the quad scrambles series get started I wouldn't be that rusted !!!
See yah !!!
Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC


TRX450R_Racer

After 2 years away from FTR I will be doing all of the QS races. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people from the site. The only bummer is I haven't ridden my quad since the 4th of July weekend. the way things are going I probably won't be riding it until the race on Srpt 23rd. I ride my bicycle 10 miles about 4 or 5 times a weeks. Hopefully that will keep me from getting tired. Now as long as I don't forget how to ride the quad.

Stop and say hi if you see me out there. I will be #25 in the Senior class......boy am I getting old.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

Don't know what's going to happen with the sound thing.   :-X
I went for a ride today and was tired pretty quick. I am debating going to the HS race the week before. Maybe just to ride and have fun with you Luis!  ;D
Today a vine hooked my neck and about ripped my head off my body. 
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

jujulo700R

What's the difference between the hare scrambles and quad scrambles?
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: jujulo700R on September 03, 2006, 07:05:27 PM
What's the difference between the hare scrambles and quad scrambles?

The Quad Scrambles are a 1 day event that is quads only.

The Hare Scrambles are a 2 day event. There are quads and bikes.

The Hare Scramble series will have no end on the year awards for quads. Only the Quad Series will. You will still get a throphy for each race, but not championship points for the end of the year. They want everyone to move to the QS. Then it will be bikes one weekend and quads another.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

450r91

Yea its definatly going to be interesting with the bd level, im going to repack my pipe and put the screen insert in my pipe and  HOPE it will work  ::) We will see

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey guys when it comes to get old, well I'm getting there too ... or am I already there ??  ??? I could be riding senior but I liked "B" last season and will see how it goes on this one.
Any way, I have been riding some MX to get some seat time, I really like it (must of the jumps scare me but is fun) and I will try some of those MX quad only series races just to help and well have fun too.
Can't wait
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

jujulo700R

Let me make sure I am getting this. I looked at the FTR site about the Hare Scramble but I still had some questions. Do I need to get an FTR membership to race? Also, is it $50 Bucks each race and an additional $20 Bucks for a transponder? Thanks
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

TRX450R_Racer

You need to join FTR..........................$50

You buy a transponder one time fee.....$20

Gate fee...........................................$10

Racing fee........................................$40

All the fun your going to have..............Priceless!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

Some events require you to be an AMA member, too.................... $50
This first race will be a real treat! Lot's of different terrain and you snake through two huge barns.
I have my stock exhaust system on. The thought of passing people on my stealthy sounding machine gives me goosebumps!! I think I am at around 93 decibles! I don't care how much faster the pipes make the machine, you can only go so fast through the woods.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Holeshot36

Plan on doing all the quad scrambles and maybe a few hare scrambles. Just got a fmf q2 for the yfz so i should be good on the db.

Chillinthemost

I'm looking forward to it. Havent been able to practice much, do to my practice area being under water lately. I bet the course will be muddy.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

mudnuri

I hear Sunday is a fun run for non FTR members. You won't be able to go all out, but you can ride.  :N
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

450r91

Im pretty sure they will let you ride all out they are going to be putting you in diffrent classes for the practice so i wouldnt see why not

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

cubnfrank

I want to try it on the 23rd, do you need a kill switch?
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

Yes, you need a kill switch. They are easy to install and if you need one shipped, try MXSOUTH  . COM
I have the Pro Armor switch and have had no trouble with it yet.
I think any newcombers who want to come out and race should think about camping out Friday night. It is fun and there is nothing like waking up to an off-road ATV event!!
Begginers don't be scared.
Those of you big talkers, now's your chance to put up  >:( or shut up!   :'(
I am a big talker by the way and always loose  :'(  :P
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

kenz

I'm doing the quad scrambles.  Can't wait!!!!  There are a couple of months where there isn't a QS scheduled so I may hit a couple of Hare Scrambles on the off months.

Hopefully get to meet some of the people from the board.  Yellow Quadsport 34C.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

450rutmaker

this quad scrable sounds like alot of fun.  How does someone classify thereself as a begginner or a quad C?
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

cubnfrank

Yea really, what class would 41 y/o has been like me enter?
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

mudnuri

#24
Just came in from a little after work practice! Getting ready!
I will be with a group of guys in a Black trailer. Stop by and say hello. Everyone is very friendly at these events. They look scary sometimes, but are harmless. That is, until the start!
If you need help someone will gladly help.

I wold say if you have ridden before and can handle a quad, then I would try the C classes and advance as you get better. The begginer classes are just that. Someone with the courage to try something new.  :P
Some tips on rider ettiquite(sp?): BE VERY OBSERVANT OF WHAT IS GOING ON ALL AROUND YOU. This includes behind you. With this new sound rule, you may not hear a faster rider coming up behind you. Which leads us to the next tip. GET OUT OF THE WAY OF FASTER RIDERS. You may find yourself in an awkward position after the race if you don't yield to the faster riders  >:(
DON'T RIDE BEYOND YOUR ABILITIES. That's when you get hurt. Just try to at least finish. These are a challange like never before if you are new to this. Heck, even if you are used to it, it is a challange! 2 hr race. When was the last time you went wide open for even 1 hour? Try 2.
People have a tendancy (I know cause I did it too!) to ride faster instead of yielding when they are tired. Just find a small area to give an inch and the faster rider will get around. You don't have to stop.
The trails are marked and this is a new course for us. The hosting club has worked their butts off to make this happen. It is going to be a blast! I hear part of it goes through two barns!
There is a thread of an arial image of the course on the FTR forum under harescrambles.
Go Dolphins!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com