Which truck tire?

Started by backinsaddle, August 24, 2006, 09:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busta Nutt

The truxs mud terrain is a good tire. I was thinking more along the lines of the SSR though. With proper maintenance you should get 25-30K out of them. The other guy was right about the Buckshot Mudders I have some I think they will last a lifetime. Dam things are like iron but you are right they don't come in 17's. I have been keeping an eye on tires as I will be getting a set soon the Nitto mud terrain or whatever they call it looked good to me. Then again you can't go wrong with the BFG's I have had 3 sets of them and realy liked them. Whatever you get make sure you are getting a 10 ply tire with at least a D rating preferably an E. I know the SSR's I was looking at were 10 ply and that will be a factor in my decision.

94Hardbody4x4

Buckshots are good with proper maintenance. My friend had them ona  Jeep and they wore kinda fast. Not bad though.

My other friend had them on and F-150 and they were about gone in less than a year. NOT a highway tire at all. He wasn't even on the higway that much either.

Did good in the mud.

I prefer my BFG M/T's over anything though! They are the best all around tire in my opinion and wear like a rock.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

mudhawg

Quote from: LostCause on August 24, 2006, 07:29:11 PM
I had 3 sets of the Buckshots and got 60k out of eack set.  One Set was on a GMC1500 and the other 2 sets on a Dodge 2500.   That is all I know.
i agree i have a set with 1 year on and still great
700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box

Busta Nutt

As with any tire, proper inflation and scheduled rotations will greatly improve its' lifespan. Not to cause an argument 94 but the particular buckshots on my truck I have had for 4 years and they have numerous highway miles not to mention trips from AR to ILL, from FL to AR, hell and back off road and still have in my estimation 50% tread left. On the other hand my brother has some on his truck and they wore really fast mainly due to worn out shocks. So I think the lesson to be learned here is with a proper tire maintenance program and a vehicle in good operating condition you should expect a good life out of most any tire. Now if you are always underinflated, poor alignment, bad shocks, ball joints a squeakin', tie rod ends like a loose tooth, slack in your steering box, wanderin' down the road you can expect uneven tire wear and a short lifespan for your tires.

kx kid

buckshot mudders are good i had 31 inchers on my bronco in sand i only used 2wd where my parents where spinnin in 4wd w/ atz on the f250

johnyfz450

I have nitto 33 nice lookin and not to loud

backinsaddle

Let me tell you, trying to find a mud terrain that fits a stock 17" rim with an E load rating or 10 ply is becoming a real project.  17" is not a common size it appears....anything you want in 15", 16", 18" and larger, but 17 is limited... :K  plus i'd like to go as large as i can without rubbing


Busta Nutt

both the truxs and ssr come in 10 ply 17's don't know about the load rating though.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com