Quadscrambles-Harescrambles Warning for sound!!! READ HERE!!!

Started by svtbolt04, August 24, 2006, 01:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svtbolt04

I know some of the people on here are on the FTR forum, but only 30 or so members are active out of the 2000+ members.

The first race, if you are OVER 96db you WILL be DQed.  You have exactly one month to figure this out. Alot of people keep asking if its true and the answer is YES! 

You will not be sent home, but you will not gain any points or be eligable to win a trophy at the end of the day, no matter what place you come in.


Last year was the first official warning, and some of you may not have been apart of FTR and heard of this. This is your friendly reminder.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Chillinthemost

Thats why I'm riding my power wheels this year. I'll just have to pit for batteries ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

I just put on a DR D with a quiet insert, It is supposed to be 96bd. I hope it is. If it wasn't raining right now I would be across the street and my buddies house checking it. Maybe yomorrow. If not I will be running the stock exhaust.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

Were you able to check the sound level?  :N
How did you check it?
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: mudnuri on August 29, 2006, 02:50:48 AM
Were you able to check the sound level?  :N
How did you check it?

Between all the rain and now the storm, I haven't been able to find the time. My neighbor 3 houses down has a DB meter. I will more than likely test it this weekend. Mike Presler stated on the FTR site that the limit is 98db + or - 1.5db. That means 99.5 is still passing. I think I should be OK. I will let you know my results.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kenz

I think Mike typo'ed in his post on the FTR site. The limit for Quad scrambles is 96DB.  The testing standard says there can be a + or -1.5DB deviation. If the meter reads 97.5 DB you would pass and anything over that would fail...Unless they are willing to fudge the .5 then 98 would pass.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: kenz on August 31, 2006, 12:37:55 AM
I think Mike typo'ed in his post on the FTR site. The limit for Quad scrambles is 96DB.  The testing standard says there can be a + or -1.5DB deviation. If the meter reads 97.5 DB you would pass and anything over that would fail...Unless they are willing to fudge the .5 then 98 would pass.

Thanks for the info.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

 I tested my pipe tonight. It is a DR. D slip-on with a quiet insert. They say it is 96db.
It says your supposed to check it at half the maximum engine RPMs. Well without a tach it is hard to tell. I think I'm good. When the quad was at idle I was at 87db. When I had it at where I thought was half the engine RPMs the needle was going in between 92db and 98db. I hope I will pass. If not I will have my stock pipe for a back up.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kenz

Before the first race I'm going to put fresh MSR Quiet Sport packing in mine and hope for the best.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

mudnuri

I figure I'll go to a stereo shop and see if they can test mine. It is stock with a different spark arrestor.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com