Polaris no spark

Started by yunt2ride, August 21, 2006, 11:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yunt2ride

I have a 2001 polaris 500 sportsman that has no spark. I checked the electronic throttle control to make sure it had the right amount of play. That did not work. I then took off the cap for the throttle control and loosened the throttle and noticed that if I patted the throttle, when the two wires touched each other it would throw one spark but not spark any more. Does anyone have any suggestions.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

svtbolt04

swap your cdi with the 2001. See if the cdi has blown.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

VForce700

I am in the works of a Sportsman 700 with no spark. I found the problem to be the stator. on mine it would crank but no spark. I took the stator off and found it to be actually blown. I searched around and found RM Stator out of Canada. they are charging me $125 for ship them the stator and rebuild. ship back and should be good to go. I would look into that ...it's www.rmstator.com. If you know how to check for power. check the wires coming out of the motor going to the cdi box before ordering anything. Hope this helps some.