Need a quick response--where to ride in Ocala Nat Forrest? Lake Delancy or Big

Started by banana-man, August 18, 2006, 10:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banana-man

where to ride in Ocala Nat Forrest?  Lake Delancy or Big Scrub.  It'll be me and my 7y/o.  we like some trails, but an open dirt area, with maybe even some hills would be best.  We're leaving tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
--Rick

Toomey

I'll say Big Scrub if you're looking for more of an open area, but I think the rangers are more crazy over there.  Everything was preety cool at Lake Delancy when we went, but the riding is a little better at the Big Scrub area I think.  I haven't been there in a while though, I don't know what currently going on with the closures and making new trails and all that business.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Ida_Mann

Wherever you see a sign saying that vehicles are not allowed,,,,,that's the best place to ride ;-)

but seriously, I like to stay away from the populated areas and ride the little known places.....but for easy access, I would stick with Big Scrub area.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."