Dirt Wheels Magazine on FL riding areas

Started by Thrumud, August 01, 2006, 04:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Dirt Wheels

Florida is home to one of the largest groups of ATV enthusiasts in the Nation. Sadly, they also have the least amount of prime ATV riding terrain. A lot of the remaining areas are being shut down. The growth in off-road riders has led to a lack of places to ride in this Sunshine State. While there is little we can do about the lack of acreage in Florida to recreate on, we have done our best to bring to you every ATV motocross track and ride area from the Dade to the Panhandle.


http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=451541A3714240629D8367AF8A5584C5
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

South Fl & South West FL ATV enthusiast NEED TO UNITE and fight hard, (HARDER) for some local areas to ride.   If we get riders from Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, St Lucie, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, North Port area together for a group ride, we could could stir some action.  What do you guys think ? Maybe we can plan ahead for a ride at Holey Land when its dryer.  Not just a group ride, a meeting where we can unite, meet other riders, discuss issues that concerns us. 

I know this type of group ride has been attempted before with clean ups but few riders discuss whats most important, AREAS TO RIDE !   We could plan months ahead.

What's your input ?
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

cheropride

I could do that... 

I heard this weekend that places are being shutdown all over the state. I quess one big problem is some nitwit gets hurt and decides hey I can sue these people and be set for life..... Then you guess, place gets shut down.  Don't all riders know, ride at your own risk.  There should be sometime of atver pledge, 1) I will do hereby swear that I wont trash the places I ride 2) I do hereby swear that if I get hurt I won't sue oh yea, heres one more 3) I do hereby swear I wont do donuts in the main roads coming into the places we ride so everyone else can get their trucks in...
lol

But seriously, that's good idea about a group ride.  Keep it going, perhaps start a new thread so we can keep it going.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Southern4x4

Quote from: Thrumud on August 01, 2006, 05:05:10 AM
South Fl & South West FL ATV enthusiast NEED TO UNITE and fight hard, (HARDER) for some local areas to ride.   If we get riders from Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, St Lucie, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, North Port area together for a group ride, we could could stir some action.  What do you guys think ? Maybe we can plan ahead for a ride at Holey Land when its dryer.  Not just a group ride, a meeting where we can unite, meet other riders, discuss issues that concerns us. 

I know this type of group ride has been attempted before with clean ups but few riders discuss whats most important, AREAS TO RIDE !   We could plan months ahead.

What's your input ?
me and my group could probably go to that
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MachineDog

Interesting that they don't mention holylands, but anyway we should be out there before the schoolyear starts back up again if anyone is interested on a group ride.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

4fittyr

sounds great where is holeyland from sarasota??
if u can't be good be good at it

MachineDog

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=26.333422,-80.539913&spn=0.017039,0.028925&t=h&om=1

That's the entrance to holylands on US27, you can zoom out to see exactly where it is. You just follow the north side of the levy till you reach that bridge, and that's where the parking is. You'll know where it is cause that's where the big ole' steel powerlines cross. They fixed the signs btw, so you'll see the brown signs that say "Holylands/Rottenberger".
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

klutchbuster400

Ifr the holeylands is dry and I have a ride I'm in!

americanhighlander

#8
Best bet i guess everybody needs started a major rally Atv protest :drive.gif :lecture.gif :gh in tallahadsee
so we need wake up media tell whole world about it and look what are cubans doing south
right  now partying away and getting drunk with :drink.gif :J :M :groupies.gif :stoogies.gif   :T :pirate.gif rum,and maybe we have a case load rum so we can have american cubans to help us fight our atvs rights  i know they love fourwheelers too. LOL  8)

>:( :gh :F :gr :cursing.gif :foot.gif :box.gif   :pirate.gif  Heck we got enough people in state of florida that riding atvs and we need
get our messages across to every atv,dirt bike,dune buggy,three wheeler fans
to plan a rally protest to state captial and so how long you are going take so much this
Criticize from other news media's that love the trash our sport so we need to bite them back in their butts,so they need to wake up and the day our ATVs will rise from the dead and the protest will go on and go on.So we got a Florida ATV revolution protest wars so people fight for your rights to ride and don't give up your freedom to ride.. so if you were born in the this state we need fight harder to bring it back so the people can have fun for all the ATV clubs in Florida to ride freedom and better. we need a solution to solve this problem ASAP.. :lecture.gif  :king.gif
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Thrumud

Well !  .............................................. Lets plan it !   Dry season at Holey Land is around the end of Oct.   

I will place a post for a group ride 1 month in advance.   Please try your best to be there.  Look out for the post.

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Eworm

WTF!!! I hope you all are kidding. Are you not aware of everything we have been doing? Have you heard about the commision meeting on Friday? We are working with several counties in an effort to better things for everyone. Holy chit you guys scare me!!!!

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,16348.0.html

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15879.0.html

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,16345.0.html

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15624.0.html

Grassman68

We need to do a whole lot more leg work ! alot of these guys do not even go on line. We need to print out flyers and distribute (dates and locations)At mudfest,lcross,underhills...so somemore people can get involved .I am more than willing to help!! We need a 10 thousand man march to make some noise.My .02cnts. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Southern4x4

Quote from: Grassman68 on August 02, 2006, 01:05:36 AM
We need to do a whole lot more leg work ! alot of these guys do not even go on line. We need to print out flyers and distribute (dates and locations)At mudfest,lcross,underhills...so somemore people can get involved .I am more than willing to help!! We need a 10 thousand man march to make some noise.My .02cnts. ;) ;) ;) ;)
i gave some to my friend to give to people at macks fish camp
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Eworm

Quote from: Thrumud on August 01, 2006, 05:05:10 AM
South Fl & South West FL ATV enthusiast NEED TO UNITE and fight hard, (HARDER) for some local areas to ride.   If we get riders from Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, St Lucie, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, North Port area together for a group ride, we could could stir some action.  What do you guys think ? Maybe we can plan ahead for a ride at Holey Land when its dryer.  Not just a group ride, a meeting where we can unite, meet other riders, discuss issues that concerns us. 

I know this type of group ride has been attempted before with clean ups but few riders discuss whats most important, AREAS TO RIDE !   We could plan months ahead.

What's your input ?

We need to meet. We need front runners!!!! People who are willing to take this fight on. Here is what we have:

Eworm: Dade
Thrumud: Collier
Rick Varela: Collier
MGR: Dade
InidianJOE: Pt St lucie
Grizz: Ocala
QT: North Port

Please let me know who I am missing here

Palm Beach and Broward: Who wants to take this on?????







Thrumud

I will also be pushing for Lee county in the next couple of months with the help of Rick. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]