Suspension Question

Started by jayman, July 29, 2006, 02:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayman

Alright, I created a post earlier in the week about my wife's kfx 700.  The rear wanted to buck her off.  Heres my question, I found that the rezzi for the rear shock was empty (no nitrogen, no pressure), how much nitrogen (pressure) should it have and if when I have it filled and it does not hold how much does it cost to have new seals or what ever is needed.  Please keep in mind that this bike is a 2006 and it sounds like it came from the factory this way (out of warranty :'( ) I wished the original owner could of figured this out.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

TRX450R_Racer

Where are you located? Maybe I can suggest some place close to you.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jayman

In Tampa, I filled the rezzi last night (with air  ??? ) with 75lbs, this morning it has 50lbs.  Definitely needs to be looked at.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Alba450

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

53yfz450

yes its better off to have someone else do it.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Fox17

IMO dont buy a kawi. anyway just get elkas for it.

UncleRico

Quote from: fox17 on July 30, 2006, 01:17:10 PM
IMO dont buy a kawi. anyway just get elkas for it.


Elkas...You buyin' big spender?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

jayman

Actually I had the rezzi refilled and so far it seems to be holding!  She is not that fast of rider to need Elkas, I want ELkas first ;D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

53yfz450

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

svtbolt04

I have heard some mixed reviews on elkas.. But from what I have heard, I wouldnt buy them..

I know someone whos rear shock blew out on practice...

If I was to build another bike with aftermarket suspension.. It would be using axis or pep.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Fox17

Quote from: UncleRico on July 31, 2006, 01:42:50 AM
Quote from: fox17 on July 30, 2006, 01:17:10 PM
IMO dont buy a kawi. anyway just get elkas for it.


Elkas...You buyin' big spender?

no i gotta get them for me.  ;D