Has anyone heard about this: Polaris TRAILS grants Florida was included

Started by Loven It, July 25, 2006, 03:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loven It

I just read about this when searching for Polaris websites found it to be pretty interesting. Just wondering if anyone had heard about this.

There is another deadline to apply by Oct 1st - How do we find out what is being done with this money that was granted to Friends of Florida State Forest Inc. Their website has nothing about ATV's on it that I could find.

Link to complete article
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/RidersPortal/EscapeOnline/ATVInsider/articles/TRAILSatv1.htm

State-Level Organizations to Use Grants
The state-level ATV groups who are receiving Polaris T.R.A.I.L.S. grants are:

• AZ Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition

• Friends of Florida State Forests, Inc.

• ATV Association of Minnesota (ATVAM)
• Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association
• North Carolina Motorcycle Dealers Association
• Ohio Multi-Use Trails Association
• Utah/Arizona ATV Club
• Vermont ATV Sportsman's Association Inc.
• Wisconsin ATV Association (WATVA/NOHVIS)

Just thought I would pass the info on.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

GrizzlyBear

The ONFA is writing a grant request for $15,000 in conjunction with the USDA Forest Service for start up expenses. This will include getting non profit status, training and equipping volunteers and trail rangers.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Loven It

I guess I don't understand the meaning of this grant when I read about it. I was under the impression that it is for trails and things of that nature. What do you mean by equipping volunteers?

The grants ranged from $2,000 to $10,000, the maximum available through the T.R.A.I.L.S. program. The grant money will be applied to projects including safety and education, trail mapping and marking, OHV park and forest service enhancement and trail development, youth safety events and lobbying efforts.

Groups eligible to apply for grants include ATV clubs, associations and grassroots groups across the United States. The program is focused on ensuring the future of ATV riding by:
– Promoting safe and responsible riding
– Preserving riding access


"Trail access is our number one challenge in the industry," said Polaris President and Chief Operating Officer Bennett Morgan. "As a manufacturer, we're taking the lead and responsibility by doing something about it."


99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

GrizzlyBear

Part of what the Trail Rangers will be doing is education for the under 16 group and patroling for safety.  We are hoping to get funds to provide certified instructors and provide radios.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

fastrnrik

Dude you're a cool guy who is very active in ONF, and that's all good. But, damn, could you change your picture? You look like a damn serial killer in that pic. Creeps me out every time I see it. HELLO CLARICE....

(kidding)

Hope you get your grant $$$. ONF needs some conciensious people to help out there.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com