What do you think its worth ?

Started by Quad32x, July 24, 2006, 03:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quad32x

Im  looking  at  a  1985  Kawasaki  Tecate  3 wheeler  a  guy  has  for  sale.  He  says  he  bought  it  new  in  85.  Its  all  complete  and  in  VERY  nice  shape  for  its  age.  I  was  thinking  it  would  be  fun  for  trail  riding  in  ONF.  Any  thoughts  on  what  might  be  a  good  price  for  something  like  that ?  Thanks ! ;) ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Fox17

that thing is FAST! dont know what a good price would be but the honda 3 wheelers sell for a buttload of money. that one is supposed to be as fast as a 250r 3 wheeler. i would buy it.

p.s. if you get it be careful! my dad had two friends that died on those.

BCConviber

Rumor has it that you have enough old, non-running junk and you're not allowed to buy it.  :M

Seriously, I haven't seen one of those in decent shape for sale in a couple of years, and the last time I did, the guy wanted $2300.00 for it...  >:(
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Smoknbanshee

hey tim, i was coming back from maitland the other day and saw a quadzilla at "motorcycles of apopka."  not sure if it is for sale, but thought that you might be interested.  i am not sure their phone number, but you might want to check it out.  from the road everything looked good on it.  I even think it had a beer can holder on it for ya.  got ya name wrote all over it.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

gery350

heres a link of a guy selling one for 1,000.00 to give you an idea. ;D

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/182068299.html
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Quad32x

I  saw  that  gery.  Naw  smoke  I  gots  enough  of  the  zilla  stuff.  And  who  you  calling  OLD  BBConvibber ?  You  with  your  old , wrinked  ass  self !  This  guy  is  asking  $1200.  for  it.  Its  the  red  one  if  that  matters. ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

cheropride

Wow I quess I shouldn't of just given my 185 away for free, lol. Looking back now, that was a little dumb, but it was a good friend, but he did get some awesome tires!!   No but in all seriousness, I only paid $300 for my old 185S 4-wheeler, I can't believe that they would get that much.  WOW..
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

rednipj

I seen a couple for 1000 and they were NOT in very nice shape.  1200 sounds like a pretty good buy.

cheropride

I was just curious for you, saw this add for $650.00.  Grant it may not be in as good shape as the other, but to give your a price range.  I personally would offer the least amount first and see what he says.  Does he give you an idea of what he thinks the bike is worth?


http://www.monkeyads.com/orderpricelow.asp?Cat=ATVKAW
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Quad32x

Quote from: cheropride on July 24, 2006, 05:01:57 PM
I was just curious for you, saw this add for $650.00.  Grant it may not be in as good shape as the other, but to give your a price range.  I personally would offer the least amount first and see what he says.  Does he give you an idea of what he thinks the bike is worth?


http://www.monkeyads.com/orderpricelow.asp?Cat=ATVKAW
I  would  assume  he  thinks  the  $1200.  he  wants  for  it.  I  might  start  at  $1000.  and  see what  he  says.  Cash  in  hand  speaks  volumes. ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

cheropride

SO true So true, money talkes BS walks - Good Luck....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

fastrnrik

That's crazy because I've had the same urge to buy an old 3 wheeler to tinker with. I'm bidding on a Tecate and a 250R on ebay right now. I think you told me you live in Ocala, right? If you get it holler at me and we can get together and scope out our new/old ATV...er no, ATC's. I also might need to pick your brain on some Quadzilla stuff. I bought one last week, and dropped it off at Torri Racing on Sat. to get tore down.























Quad32x

Quote from: fastrnrik on July 24, 2006, 06:19:03 PM
That's crazy because I've had the same urge to buy an old 3 wheeler to tinker with. I'm bidding on a Tecate and a 250R on ebay right now. I think you told me you live in Ocala, right? If you get it holler at me and we can get together and scope out our new/old ATV...er no, ATC's. I also might need to pick your brain on some Quadzilla stuff. I bought one last week, and dropped it off at Torri Racing on Sat. to get tore down.























You  have  a  PM.
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

UncleRico

I can't imagine it being worth more than $800.00


I'd like to find one of those Honda Odyssey FL 350's in good shape. Those things use to HAUL AZZ!. You could flip it down a dune, roll it over, land on all 4's and drive away.


I wish they'd bring those things back.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

fastrnrik

I'm not a big Honda person, but I think they made something similar to the Odyssey later on. I think it was called the "Pilot" maybe?

cheropride

Oh now that brings back memories the Odyssey!!!! And yea, I have to agree w/you on price too.  Like I said before, I bought a 185 a few years back for $300.00 and that thing ran great....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com