injuries at holeyland

Started by bftclub, July 23, 2006, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bftclub

i ride at holeylands every saturday afternoon.it never fails when i'm headed back to the truck from riding in mud all day there is an accident of some sort.usually it is some thrill seeker with jumping the levee road on a sport bike!!!i think F.W.C. should fine like a $ 1000.00 dollars if your caught doing this,might save on the tax payer for all the fuel for fire/rescue..today someone decided that driving a truck on the levee road wasn't fun enough and flipped into the canal,which brought out fire/rescue,state patrol/ and the helicopter...maybe F.W.C. should put a guard house out at the big parking lot and charge a fee to come out and babysit us so we don't do foolish things and eventually lose our last legal  free riding area....COME ON PEOPLE,don't you read the papers,there is always some tree hugger getting places shut down,so that now we have to ride with snakes and gators far away from civlization,so that if we do something stupid out there who will miss us atvers......

foreman1

Injuries out there seem to be quite common .
Speed and wrecklessnes are usually the primary factors and sometimes just plain accidents happen . Its only a matter of time ,enjoy it while you can.
:T
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

snowmanzz13

well, some accidents are accidents, this was on the news, a guy and his daughter were riding there and he died because he got struck by lightning and she was injured

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-clightning20jul20,1,5501895.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

So it's not always the idiots, but usally it is, oh well, i thought i should put my 2 cents in
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

cheropride

These idiots is one of the main reasons that I don't go out there as much as I use to.  One day we were out there w/my 7 year old son, and some idiot in a truck came flying over the levy ran straight for my son, who fortunately go out of this idiots way.  Then same idot proceeds to spray everyones trucks w/rocks as he does donuts.  Talk about being pist off.  I have been riding out there for many years, long before this was still walking around in his diapers, and back then you just did have as many idiots it seems like.

As for the man who got struck by lightning, well that's just tragic.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

nobull60

Quote from: cheropride on July 24, 2006, 10:32:56 AM
  Then same idot proceeds to spray everyones trucks w/rocks as he does donuts. 


Someone does that to my truck and I see it....Time to open a can of whoop ass and teach him how to behave. Punks like that need to learn what the meaning of RESPECT is. Something the newest generation has forgotten.

cheropride

Something the newest generation has forgotten.


Well Put!!!  My husband did go went off, but he back off too, bcz it was just us out there and they had about 20 people w/them.  Husband concern was my son and me, but oh yea, he PIST OFF.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Thrumud

Guys, next time you see people acting like a-holes out there tell or call the FWC.  Get a discription of their bike or truck. I have told on some idiots out there and they were told to leave. Don't take matters into your own hands.  These @#$%ers think they own the land out there and have no consideration towards others. 

FWC is pretty bored out there and they'll love to ticket you or kick you out.

If you're a responsible rider, don't take their crap.  Report them.   I do.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

AintSkeered

There's not enough Thurmonds out there. I agree, call the popo whenever you see it. At least they'll know we give a hoot.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

backinsaddle

Are there speed limit signs now on the levys?

snowmanzz13

I don't think so, i had no idea about that until after my first ride there and I got a speeding ticket
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

foreman1

Quote from: backinsaddle on July 24, 2006, 09:54:21 PM
Are there speed limit signs now on the levys?

Yes there is a speed limit on the levee , as witnessed by the ticket recepients.
FWC does enforce it when on site.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

backinsaddle

#12
I respect everyone's frustration, and I understand there is a speed limit.  The question is, how is one supposed to know there is a speed limit if there are no signs?  It wasn't until I came on this website that I read there was a speed limit.  Until that time, the few times I was there I would race up and down the levy (not near people or vehicles).  It looked like wide open range to me...and everyone else was doing it, so I figured it was o.k.  It may make everyone's life easier if they put up a few signs.  More than just a standard speed limit signs, but something directed at the off-road community.  Of course who know's how long they'll remain standing?  Additionally, I've heard the FWC guys out there are good people.  If they're bored, maybe they should use some of that time to patrol and let the people parking know there is a speed limit

Gamer

The 25mph speed limit sign is on the paved asphalt road when you first start heading out there.  I don't think there are any speed limit signs on the dirt roads.  It doesnt matter though because your supposed to go by the last speed limit posted unless you see a diffrent one.  I agree that there should be more signs.

Gamer

Quote from: Thrumud on July 24, 2006, 06:34:36 PM
Guys, next time you see people acting like a-holes out there tell or call the FWC.  Get a discription of their bike or truck. I have told on some idiots out there and they were told to leave. Don't take matters into your own hands.  These @#$%ers think they own the land out there and have no consideration towards others. 

FWC is pretty bored out there and they'll love to ticket you or kick you out.

If you're a responsible rider, don't take their crap.  Report them.   I do.

Thurmud, whats the number you call to report people to FWC?  I don't have a problem reporting people acting like idiots out there.  Thanks..

foreman1


Thurmud, whats the number you call to report people to FWC?  I don't have a problem reporting people acting like idiots out there.  Thanks..

[/quote]

You can report suspected law violations of any type through the statewide, toll-free, 24-hour Wildlife Alert hotline at 1-888-404-FWCC (1-888-404-3922). You can find more information by visiting http://myfwc.com/law/alert/.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

bftclub

i'm glad my 2 cents matters!

Thrumud

Quote from: Gamer on July 25, 2006, 11:28:55 AM
Quote from: Thrumud on July 24, 2006, 06:34:36 PM
Guys, next time you see people acting like a-holes out there tell or call the FWC.  Get a discription of their bike or truck. I have told on some idiots out there and they were told to leave. Don't take matters into your own hands.  These @#$%ers think they own the land out there and have no consideration towards others. 

FWC is pretty bored out there and they'll love to ticket you or kick you out.

If you're a responsible rider, don't take their crap.  Report them.   I do.

Thurmud, whats the number you call to report people to FWC?  I don't have a problem reporting people acting like idiots out there.  Thanks..


Sorry BFT, I was away for a few days.  Foreman got the number for ya.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

bftclub

thanks guys,,,and as far as the a holes slinging rocks everywhere,they usually out number us,and don't speak very good english anyways.a few months ago i was leaving to go home after a good ride and some dude on a banshee pulls out in front of me and peppers the front of my truck with rocks,needless to say i floored it and could count the dreadlocks on his nappy head,lucky for him he went down over the edge of the levee.i think the confederate flag on the front of my dodge got his attention.if i didn't have a trailer loaded with quads i would've sent him into the canal ,bike and all.............

Thrumud

Should have left the flag's imprint on the back of his neck. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com