July 29-30-making plans for ONF and maybe Hardrock

Started by backinsaddle, July 17, 2006, 01:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backinsaddle

I haven't been riding since Christmas, and desperately need to get out.  The wife is going on vacation with the kids, so I have the weekend to myself.  Planning on heading to the Ocala area, maybe try some of the new trail system, and possibly a day at hardrock.

Anyone else going to be up in that area that weekend, it would be nice to meet up and ride (fast) with some other riders.

atvtrailer

i should be out in onf on the 29th, and it definly wont be a slow ride ;)
05 450r #13B

backinsaddle

great...as the time gets closer, maybe we can make some plans to meet up.  I don't get to ride with others from the site very often, and always have a great time when I do.

backinsaddle

I may have space for 1, possibly 2 quads if anyone from the ft lauderdale area needs a ride up that weekend.  Can't offer a place to stay, but I can offer a ride.

gearhead400

i'd love to make a 2 day ride that weekend since the 30th is my birthday. But my friend got me tickets to go to a comedy show on the 29th in sarasota to see someone (dunno who yet, suprise i guess) although the show doesnt start until 10pm....1:30 drive there.....maybe i WILL go saturday now that i think about it lol. we will see. it would be fun.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

backinsaddle

gearhead...didn't we meet a few years back on one of the group rides?  I'm flexible, I've got an entire weekend without attachments/family/plans other than riding.  I'm not restricted to ONF of hardrock either...I'll go anywhere a group is going.

Rellimniets

I will attend for sure, always up for some riding, minus that damn hole. I am bringing some concrete and filling that little f'er

Brian

fastrnrik

I live in Ocala, not far from the forest. We might be up for a "fast trail ride" that weekend. Keep me posted as your plans get more solid. It's cool to ride with new people.

1FasterBlaster

Hey Gearhead, we're definitely gonna have to go. My B-Day is the 30th also; I'll be 37.
I've only met two people my whole life with the same B-Day. and one was a girlfriend.

atvtrailer

well, where i usually park is on 573 where the pavement ends coming off of 19, good trails to the east and blue sink a mile to the west, so its right between both good places
05 450r #13B

1FasterBlaster

If I go,I'll probably be in the dogg house too.But it's my B-Day!!
If I go, I'm going up Friday night and riding Saturday. Hey Randall, did ya see the kick azz pic that Rellimniets posted? We need to get more air pics of us...and bigger air!!

gearhead400

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 18, 2006, 06:39:28 PM
Hey Gearhead, we're definitely gonna have to go. My B-Day is the 30th also; I'll be 37.
I've only met two people my whole life with the same B-Day. and one was a girlfriend.

haha bad ass. I think your the first person i've MET with the same b-day, the others were just "My sisters best friends cousin..." lol
Ya soooo sarasota is more like 2 and 1/2 hour drive...but im still down to ride!!!

btw if you DONT know, i was the younger guy on the 400 last ride.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

1FasterBlaster

Oh kewl.Well I hope we see each other on this ride.

klutchbuster400

Never been their and very interested in riding onf, Think i'll be ok on an mx lowered z400?

backinsaddle

You'll have no problem...plenty of room there...

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Busta Nutt


backinsaddle


atvtrailer

yea, il stil be in onf friday off 573 where the pavement ends
05 450r #13B

CAPT69

HEY BACKINSADDLE

I WOULD LIKE TO HIT ONF, IM HERE IN FT LAUD ALSO. WHERE YOU AT? HOW MANY HOUR DRIVE FROM HERE? CAMP OUT OR HOTEL?    ;D

wilburz

I should be up there Friday afternoon. Saturday morning for sure. Hog Valley. right down the road from Eureka dam. If you guys want to meet there on Saturday name the time? Or let me know where you will be. My brother and I and his clan ride on the new trail system. We rode from his place to Rodman in about 20 minutes.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

backinsaddle

#21
Wilburz, would love to meet up with you and your brother.  Do I need a sticker on my quad?

My plans are not 100% as of now, both of the people that were going to ride with me had to bail out.  I wasn't going to go if it was just me, but if you're sure you'll be there, I'll make the trip.  I don't want to drive all the way there and not have anyone to ride with.  You pick a time, I don't care.  I'm on vacation.  I know where Eureka is, I went on a group ride from there once...it's about 3 miles down the road from my friends place (just off 315 and 316), do you usually meet at the pit just off 316?

Capt69: I'm in Davie near 75 & 595.  Not sure what time I'm leaving Friday, I was going to try and beat west palm traffic, but I have the kids until around 4:30, so I would leave around that time.  Drive time depends on traffic, and where in the forest you're going to.  With average traffic, it takes about 4 hours to get to the big scrub area on the south side.  If we leave at 4:30ish, plan on another 1/2 hour-45 minutes.  Eureka (closer to the new trail system), is 45 minutes or so north of that.  I'm staying either with my parents or with a friend that has a place near Eureka.  I know there is camping at Big Scrub, I don't know if Lake Delancey still has camping, or if you can ride of there anymore.  I know there are hotels within about 15 minutes or so of Big Scrub on HWY 27, but I can't give specifics.  Maybe a search on the site, or someone else will chime in.  Let me know if you're interested.

Mark

wilburz

I don't have a sticker for mine yet. So I would say no. Bringing proof of ownership might not be a bad idea. Saturday morning would be a good time. Lets see what my brother says. He should be on later tonight. We could meet up at Eureka Dam then. There is a campground with some nice cabins for like 80 bucks a night right over the Ockalwakea river bridge around the corner from Eureka. They have a website. Look through the old ocala group ride threads for it.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

backinsaddle

great...thanks for the info...if all goes well, I'll finally get a chance to meet the infamous wilburz bros.  I'll keep you posted.

Tripyn

Actually boys we were all stopped last time we were out there and FWC was checking stickers.  They issued a warning to the guy in front and warned the rest verbally.  I recommend getting one just in case!


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com