Any ideas for a gutless Polaris 250?

Started by fastrnrik, July 14, 2006, 12:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

Has anyone had any experience with Polaris 250 Trailblazers? I bought one for my wife to ride, because I thought it would be perfect for her. Well, this thing is so nutless, it won't pull a greasy string out of a cats a$$. She hates it, and still rides the V-Force. I know that there are parts available such as pipes, clutch kits, etc., but do they actually help this P.O.S.?   

MachineDog

Prolly not, it's a heavy 250 and there aren't many things that can change that. The pipes will help, but not by enough to give it the guts even close to a VForce.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

NPRVinson

#2
Man, if she rides a V-Force you don't have a chance in hell of making her happy with a Trailblazer. I would say trade it in and get her at least a 400-500cc quad. My wife used to ride my daughters 250 then she rode my 500. She ended up with a KQ:'(

svtbolt04

#3
Sell the 250 and buy yourself a top of the line 450!! You will have the better quad still.

No but, being serious. The bike is a automatic two stroke(i know you know).. Clutches may do the trick to it. Maybe a lighter flywheel and a good exhaust system would wake it up a little. But in all honesty, it wont ever be as fast as the 700.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

fastrnrik

Yeah, we have several four wheelers, a YFZ450, the V Force, a Quadzilla,etc. I bought the Polaris because it's an auto trans. and has floorboards, so our little boy can ride with my wife. I don't really want to sell the Polaris, because of the money loss, if you catch my drift...

NPRVinson

Quote from: fastrnrik on July 14, 2006, 04:13:21 PM
Yeah, we have several four wheelers, a YFZ450, the V Force, a Quadzilla,etc. I bought the Polaris because it's an auto trans. and has floorboards, so our little boy can ride with my wife. I don't really want to sell the Polaris, because of the money loss, if you catch my drift...
Yeah that sucks, ever think about a big bore ute?

fastrnrik

Yeah, Ute's are fun, and I've had a couple a few years ago, but I know they've come a long way since then.I just like the the sport quads. I actually almost bought a Suzuki 500 Vinson at an auction today, it was nice but I let it slide. I know the 250 Polaris will never run with the V Force or anything like that, but damn, it could be a little better than it is. We did have a Polaris 400 sport and it was a great runner that would haul a$$. When I went to buy my wife a bike I actually wanted another 400, but the 250 was all they had, and I needed a bike for her ASAP. I didn't figure she would mind it being a "little underpowered", as long as it had the automatic trans. Ha-Ha, was I wrong, now when we ride, she jumps on the V, and I'm stuck on the Polaris. I guess I'll sell it, take my loss :'(, and move on to something different. Maybe I'll start a thread in "Open Discussion" to get some input on utility quads.
Thanks for the help.   

TOY_DOCTOR

Give these folks a call and tell them I sent you, great people with a ton of polaris knowledge. 

http://hpd-inc.com/
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Loven It

I was given these links when I asked the same question - sorry I never saw the topic or I would have given them to you earlier. Hope it helps!

http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages_catalogs_viewproducts_16_150_283_1_0_0_6_14_14_223_1775/polaris-trailblazer-250.aspx

Also try this one they specialize in Arctic Cat and Polaris
http://www.hotseatperformance.com/
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Scramdaddy

Try GEN3USA.com. They have  a section for trailblazer upgrades.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

fastrnrik