noise complaints

Started by atvtrailer, December 01, 2004, 04:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atvtrailer

old farts should have to make a choice whether to go find another place to live where you cant make much noise, leave the stupid state, or move into a place where there is noise ordinances to begin with. The stupid old farts have nothing better to do than call cops on people riding quads and dirtbikes for no reason at all. Ive had 6 cops come and tell me that someone has called in a complaint about my quad making too much noise and im tired of it, considering there is no noise ordinance where i live.
05 450r #13B

glennd

Going to make a LOT of points with the seniors there.  [smiley=SternSmile.gif] [smiley=SternSmile.gif]  There are no noise ordinances where I live either, but it's common courtesy to respect your neighbors.  Being rude and ignoring them is a sure fire way to get a County ordinance passed real soon.  I have a dirtbike with a BIGGUN exhaust system and it gets ridden during daylight hours only and I'm light on the throttle when passing inhabited areas.  Hopefully not many share your views and disrespect for a generation that had it a LOT TOUGHER THAN WE DO! [smiley=Wink.gif]

atvtrailer

#2
i ride on my own property and only ride it from like 245-3 or maby 315pm at the latest and the people that complain are about 1/2 a mile away from me and they dont complain about the dirtbikes that ride down the roads and the fourwheelers that ride down the road at full throttle makin more noise than me, thats what makes me mad. And one time he even called the cops on me when i wasnt even home and i hadnt even had my bike yet :-/ I also never ride off my property.
05 450r #13B

dvx400#1

DON T WORRIE ABOUT IT MAN LONGEST IT DOESN PASS THE MAX DB YOUR OK, WHY DO U THINK U HAVEN'T GOT A TICKET YET 'COUSE THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO WHILE YOU'RE IN YOUR PROPERTY AND IS NOT PASS 10PM. I GOT SOME NEIGHBORS LIKE THAT AND AFTER A WHILE THEY GOT THE HINT.

atvtrailer

well for the first 5 days i had the bike a cop came every day, and they stopped for a while, and now a cop came today saying that the guy is gonna go to court and file a peace ordinance against me because if he wants to take a nap at like 3pm then he should be able to.( he lives less than 1/4 a mile from a landfill, i would think that he would hate that more than my dumb quad) :-/, well since he did this im gonna get a stock exhaust for it so its quiet, and when i go to croom or someplace to ride thats when il put on my shorty ;)
05 450r #13B

yunt2ride

See, what I would do is this. If its at 3pm in the afternoon. I would wait until the cops leave and go outside and stand on the throttle until about 5 every afternoon. And when the cops come back, ask them if there is a noise ordinance, when he says, well no, say ok I guess you can't legally give me a ticket right. when he says well no, Tell the cop to go tell the neighbor that if you feel like riding your atv on your property, you should also have the same right, just like if he wants to sleep. Then have the cop go tell the neighbor that if he calls them again that you will ride your atv on your property until dark because ther is nothing that can be done about it. I am fair with people but when people are azzholes, I end up being one also. The only thing is I take it to the limit of just beyond getting a ticket. If the guy takes you to court, there is nothing that he can do without a noise ordanance.  ;D ;D
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

atvtrailer

The cop sais that he wouldnt take me to court for the noise ordinance but for disturbing the piece  :-/, so whatever i dont mind putting a quieter exhaust but i dont think i should have to pay for it since its not bothering me and im not doing anything illegal.
05 450r #13B

yunt2ride

I dont think disturbing the piece will stand up in court. Not for sure, but I would think not without a noise ordanance.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

atvtrailer

tell that to this old fart that is complaining, the cops just laugh because most of them ride themself. the cop that came today has rode almost his whole life and  he is like 42. he is just like ok whatever, he said his opinion is to just get a quieter exhaust and then the old guy will stop complaining, i guess the old guy dont like a white bros T4 exhaust  :-/
05 450r #13B

yunt2ride

yea, i know but the point is. If you give in, he gets his way, thats why I would take it to the limit. People like this piss me off.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

atvtrailer

I dont wanna cause trouble thats y im tryin to just solve it the easy way, ive thought about telling him to buy me a quiet exhaust and i would use it for around my property
05 450r #13B

cain73

I like to ride as much as the next gut, but you have to think about your neighbors too. What if it were you trying tout your 6 month old daughter down for a nap when your neighbor cranks up his bike and tells you to stick it since there is no noise ordinance? Have you tried talking to him to see if there is a compromise that can be made? I know it sucks but if you can give a little maybe he will too and save you both lots of aggravation. After all we have (only a few but hopefully more coming) designated lpaces to ride. Even lt250r and I have somewhat changed our riding habbits to appease our neighbors, even though he's a bitter old fart. we still ride, but make sureit's not too early or too late so that we do it at times that don't effect others. After all your rights end where someone else's begin. and how would you like to make your mortgage payment every month and not have peace and quiet when you want it? A little bit of courtesy and compromise can go a long way.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

yunt2ride

Dude, the guy just rides for 30 minutes each day. This guy would complain if it was later in the day or earlier in the day. The old fart can't give 30 minutes out of his day. I beleive in respect but 30 minutes is not very long. Everyone has rights and he should have the right to ride.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

stretchy

QuoteI like to ride as much as the next gut, but you have to think about your neighbors too. What if it were you trying tout your 6 month old daughter down for a nap when your neighbor cranks up his bike and tells you to stick it since there is no noise ordinance? Have you tried talking to him to see if there is a compromise that can be made? I know it sucks but if you can give a little maybe he will too and save you both lots of aggravation. After all we have (only a few but hopefully more coming) designated lpaces to ride. Even lt250r and I have somewhat changed our riding habbits to appease our neighbors, even though he's a bitter old fart. we still ride, but make sureit's not too early or too late so that we do it at times that don't effect others. After all your rights end where someone else's begin. and how would you like to make your mortgage payment every month and not have peace and quiet when you want it? A little bit of courtesy and compromise can go a long way.
I agree I love to ride but I do respect my nieghbors. I have big trucks w/ stacks, and its my right to run them. BUT I keep the revs down until I'm wheeling. Our nieghbors just bought another 5 acres next to us and they think its funny that they turned it into their private dirt bike track! >:(

If they like to ride so much why isn't it next to their house :o

atvtrailer

#14
well, ive talked to the guy and the only compromise he sais is for me to totally stop riding. the cop sais to just put a quieter pipe on it and then they wil stop complaining which i am getting this weekend. the whole point that dont make sence to me is that they only complain about me and not the dirtbike 3 houses down and the like 10 quads that live like 500' down the road  ???y is it only me that he complains about? and yes i respect him thats y i ride no more than 30 min a day, and i only rev my engine a few times. Some days such as like today i only rode for 10 minutes and reved my engine 2 times. i only actually ride for 25-30 min once or twice a week and i never ride on sundays.
05 450r #13B

stretchy

If thats the extent of the noise, then I don't see whats the geezers prob. Wish my neighbors were that considerate.

arod

dude you are willing to compromise and your neighbor(geezer)is not. me personally, i would keep riding with a quiet-core installed on my exhaust. if he persists, let him. he will get tired.

bluesman

raise a nazi flag in your front yard.. he will forget to complain about bike real soon........ lol lo lol lol

rubicon500kid

the same thing happined to me see im there is only a few of us that ride atvs and dirtbike in my  coumnty and every day we get the cops called on us for doing sum thing its geting realy bad that they call on use if we ware working on them and if we staterd them up its so bad that i get yelled at by soom old fart for driving my gas rc car it so stupied that we cant have fun cuz they are just grummpy and old we all d pay taxs  and  we should have the right to run or stuff on our stuff on our privit propperty and its not our falt that they have no life then just to sit there all day so if i was u just let it rip all day then going in  at night thats just my opinion
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

o4250


Ida_Mann

after reading the most recent post about the neighbor not being reasonable,,,,,I'm with Yunt.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Moose

I agree with Yunt and Ida, let him have it, at least till dark. Many years ago I had the cops called on me for having a small party, 6 people and some music. Not that loud either. The next day when I left for work, I set my stereo speakers by the back windows and let it play all day, somewhat loud, but not to much. It was during the day, no noise ordinance during the day. The cops never came by again.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

LTZ400ApK

i know here in the city where myself and a few others live the noise ordinance is 10pm mon-thrus., and 11pm fri-sun. we been through the whole noise thing and everything else there is nothing he can do i wouldnt change my pipe for him,he'll just look for another reason to bit$# next your hair will be to long and scare his dog,point being he can complain as much as he wants in the end he will end up paying for the cops to show up after awhile for calling so much"been through this with a old neighbor of a friends" in the end he lost

dvx400#1

alright atv trailer this means war, this is what i  do if i was u i would call the cops and don't tell them your name just say  u don't want to star any trouble with them so u rather not say yor mane. but call them and give them their address and tell them that their fighting out in the front yard again naked then the cops will come and tell the to stop fighting 'couse some neighbors have complaint about them fighting then he'll get the point that if he keeps messing around then he will get the cops call on him too, and he'll see what a hassle it is to deal with them. and if not maybe some emberresment 'cose the cops show up to his house. not saying to do it but that's what i would do speacilly since you're not breaking any laws or anything.

Da_Mtg_Man

I say go to the post office and fill out a change of address form for your neighbor. If nothing else, he will be more miserable when his bills are late because of no mail. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dvx400#1

hey that's a good one, i'll have to remenber that one ;D

big-daddy

arv-trailer,

so times it comes to the point you have to strike back at the old fart. give him something else to worry about?? Play loud music (heavy metal) and after he deals with that. him may not think the quads is so bad. Me personal I will go talk to man again and if that didnt work then you have no choice.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

THIS IS THE REASON I MOVED TO THE COUNTRY, I GREW UP IN A SUBDIVISION AND HAD THE COPS CALLED ALL THE TIME DUE TO MY WILD HABITS, I COULDNT LIVE LIKE THAT IF IM PAYING FOR SOMETING (HOUSE) THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DUE WHAT I WANT (HAVEING FUN) LIFES TO SHORT AND ALL PEOPLE ARE DIFFRENT AND LIKE DIFFRENT THINGS. I LIKE TO RIDE SO I BOUGHT 2 ACRES IN THE COUNTRY. BEEN LIVING THERE OVER 10 YEARS HEY NO COPS AND I KNOW YOU MY NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR SITUATION NOW BUT FOOD FOR THOUGHT ON THE NEXT HOUSE. BUT I DO LIKE THE ADDRESS CHANGE IDEA.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

ironside

#28
 
Quotesay go to the post office and fill out a change of address form for your neighbor. If nothing else, he will be more miserable when his bills are late because of no mail.

Man that's dirty pool.. I LIKE IT [smiley=EvilSmile.gif]

L.E._YFZ_2005

we  live in a private community over here and theres bout 15 of us with b ikes. we all ride though th neiborhood all day every day.. they got to the point  that if they heard a bike start up they would call in..  cops would ocme and say they couldnt do anything cuz they dont have authoritys on out road... so we wold find out who they where and make it a point to go ride near there hosue and do wheelies  by them every moment we could needlest to say outta the 8 that complained only 3 live in the neiborhood the rest moved out and outta the 5 that left 3 of the new owners ride atvs =)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

Michelle

#30
1ST off dont you dare do the whole change of addy!
Why thats illegal to mess w/someone else's mail...
Plus you'll need some form of his ID........dont ask me how I would know that ;D

Instead of feeding you info to further aggravate this Neighbor of your's,,,,,,,,leading him to do the same to you.

Blow him off and continue on your merry lil' way.You said so yourself the officer can not really do anything.
Do NOT let him ruin YOUR fun!I would ride like I normally do ;)
And if you do not wish to purchase quiter pipes,then dont ;D
I personally would not,considering it's such a small amount of YOUR fun time[smiley=Approve.gif]

                                        

Da_Mtg_Man

Michelle is 100% correct on theaddy change. That was meant as a joke and nothing else.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chuck_Norris

Quotewell for the first 5 days i had the bike a cop came every day, and they stopped for a while, and now a cop came today saying that the guy is gonna go to court and file a peace ordinance against me because if he wants to take a nap at like 3pm then he should be able to.( he lives less than 1/4 a mile from a landfill, i would think that he would hate that more than my dumb quad) :-/, well since he did this im gonna get a stock exhaust for it so its quiet, and when i go to croom or someplace to ride thats when il put on my shorty ;)

YOU'LL ADD JETTING ISSUES WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO DO THIS
 

Chuck_Norris

Quote1ST off dont you dare do the whole change of addy!
Why thats illegal to mess w/someone else's mail...
Plus you'll need some form of his ID........dont ask me how I would know that ;D

Instead of feeding you info to further aggravate this Neighbor of your's,,,,,,,,leading him to do the same to you.

Blow him off and continue on your merry lil' way.You said so yourself the officer can not really do anything.
Do NOT let him ruin YOUR fun!I would ride like I normally do ;)
And if you do not wish to purchase quiter pipes,then dont ;D
I personally would not,considering it's such a small amount of YOUR fun time[smiley=Approve.gif]

                                        

 [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif]

atvtrailer

The cop said that they cant do anything to me, but if they win in court for the disturbing the peace then they could right me sitations.
05 450r #13B

yunt2ride

QuoteThe cop said that they cant do anything to me, but if they win in court for the disturbing the peace then they could right me sitations.

That may be correct, but I don't beleive he can win without a noise ordanance. Also he will need to pay the court cost up front to file the fees so it will cost him to do that. Then after he loses you can be out there at 12am and stand on the throttle and he cannot do anything about it. HEHEHE Make his life miserable.   HEHE   He will eventually move out of the neighborhhod. Just don't send him my way.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Ida_Mann

OK, everyone with a loud pipe,,,,let's gather at atvtrailer's place and ride.

next group ride?

I'm in.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

L.E._YFZ_2005

im for the ride =) ill bring both loud bikes =)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

LETS DO IT [smiley=Wacko.gif]
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Da_Mtg_Man

I'm there. We'll have him packing his house up before the day is over. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

yunt2ride

If all else fails, try this......


Anger Management
 
 When you occasionally have a really bad day and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know. It all started one day when I was sitting at my desk and remembered a phone call I had forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying, "Hello." I politely said, "This is Stephen. May I please speak with Robin Carter"? Suddenly, the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude.
 
I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled, "You're an ***hole!" and hung up. I wrote his number down with the word '***hole' next to it and put it in my desk drawer.
 
Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're an ***hole!" It always cheered me up.
 
When Caller ID came to our area, I thought my therapeutic '***hole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John Smith from the Telephone Company. I'm just calling to see if you're interested in the Caller ID program?"
 
He yelled, "NO!" and slammed the phone down.
 
I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an ***hole!"
 
One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW M3 cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I had been waiting for the spot.
 
The idiot ignored me and then stuck his middle finger out the window and waved it around. I noticed he had a "For Sale" sign in his car window, so I wrote down his number.
 
A couple of days later, right after calling the first ***hole, (I had his number on speed dial), I thought I had better call the BMW ***hole, too I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW M3 for sale?"
 
"Yes, it is."
 
"Can you tell me where I can see it?"
 
"Yes, I live at 1802 West 34th Street. It's a very modern white house and the car's parked right out in front."
 
"What's your name?" I asked. "My name is Don Burgemeyer," he said.
 
"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"
 
"I'm home every evening after five."
 
"Listen, Don, can I tell you something?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Don, you're an ***hole." Then I hung up and added his number to my speed dial, too. Now, when I had a problem, I had two ***holes to call.
 
But after several months of calling them, it wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. So I came up with an idea. I called ***hole #1. "Hello." "You're an ***hole!" (But I didn't hangup.)
 
"Are you still there?" he asked.
 
"Yeah," I said.
 
"Stop calling me," he screamed.
 
"Make me," I said.
 
"Who are you?" he asked.
 
"My name is Don Burgemeyer."
 
"Yeah? Where do you live?"
 
"***hole, I live at 1802 West 34th Street, a white house and to make easy for you, my black BMW M3 is parked in front."
 
He said, "I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers."
 
I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, *******. Bring your lunch!!"
 
Then I called ***hole #2.
 
"Hello?" he said.
 
"Hello, ***hole," I said.
 
He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are!.."
 
"You'll what?" I said.
 
"I'll kick your ***." he exclaimed.
 
I answered, "Well, ***hole, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."
 
Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 1802 West 34th Street and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover. Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down on West 34th Street. I quickly got into my car and headed over to 34th street.
 
There I saw two ***holes beating the crap out of each other in front of six squad cars, a police helicopter and a news crew.
 
NOW, I feel better. Anger management really works!
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Da_Mtg_Man

lol... I remember when you originally posted that a while back.  That is freaking hilarious. I'm still rolling.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

innocent_bystander

#43
Neighbors are real improtant, and being civil (it goes both ways) is a must. I have a rule, if a neighbor calls the cops before stopping by to talk the situation out, then screw em. If they arent 'neighborly' enough to come over and work it out between us, then I dont care about them.

I got a neighbor across the street from me who has a garage band. They are pretty good. They never bother me, but one night I had to be up early, and they left the garage door open, and were playing esp loud. Yeah it would have been easier to pick up the phone and call the cops, and we do have a noise ordinance, but screw that. I got up walked over and stood infront of the garage, after one look at me and my expression, and I got an apology and sound sleep. Never had a problem again.

When people don't comprimise thats when problems happen. And im a malicious person. If you want some ideas to get back at the old guy, let me know I got a million. Have you ever taken an axe to the water main, right below the shut off valve?

I say let the ATP guys get a hold of your quad to make it real loud, and ride all the time.
Life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

yunt2ride

Actually if you just go to his house and tell him to go on here and look at this post, he will probably move anyways.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

atvtrailer

#45
there is a noise ordinance but its very minor because its mainly like farm/wooded area around where i live, u cant make noise that can be heard over a mile away from 10pm-4am. and im no where close too that time period so im not sure what his problem is ???
Another confusing factor is there is a chopper shop which is less than 1/4 a mile away from his house( its at the end of their road) and those choppers make my quad sound like a little mouse  ???
05 450r #13B

yunt2ride

Quotethere is a noise ordinance but its very minor because its mainly like farm/wooded area around where i live, u cant make noise that can be heard over a mile away from 10pm-4am. and im no where close too that time period so im not sure what his problem is ???
Another confusing factor is there is a chopper shop which is less than 1/4 a mile away from his house( its at the end of their road) and those choppers make my quad sound like a little mouse  ???


Sounds like we having a 4:01am until 10pm group ride at atvtrailers place. HEHE
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

atvtrailer

well there would be a few problems with that:
1: i dont got much area to park at
2: im not sure whether it would disturb our horses, and my mom wouldnt let me do it especially if it would disturb her darling horses lol
05 450r #13B

weekendwarrior1

I totaly agree with with yunt. But I would take it even further. Get a couple of buddies to come over with quads and have a tunin party in the front yard. You aren't doin nothin wrong so screw em! I like to wait for about an hour after the cop next door gets home (I figure he's just goin to sleep) that's when I turn the backyard into me personal riding area. My fmf T4 pipe outta be loud enough to raddle his windows. I know, I know I'm an azz hole but you gotta do somethin when you're not ridin!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com